It Happened... Wrong Date

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 3:30am by aligotmatt

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 8

I got a call last night from my Saturday bride saying, hey, just wondering where my groom's cake is?

And so I'm scrambling for my calendar, I had marked her down for a friday rehearsal dinner groom's cake! Then I checked the email, and sure enough she said "for our rehearsal dinner on june 4th" but I wrote it down on June 5th!!! Never in my time doing this have I had a rehearsal dinner on Thursday for a Saturday wedding!

There was NO WAY it could be done for last night, it was on track to be done for 6pm friday night. I still had gumpaste drying, piping to do... So I told her I would give her a full refund of the groom's cake and find her today and bring it to her. I just feel horrible.

I know it's not an 'excuse' in the world of excuses, but I have pneumonia right now too, I've been sick for a few weeks, then on tuesday they thought maybe I developed a clot in my lungs and the pneumonia had passed. So I was in the hospital getting checked for clots. no clots!! woohoo! But it just set me back more, and I feel terrible. Adding that messed up cake onto it, I will be SO GLAD when this week is over. icon_cry.gif

7 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 8

Hope you feel better soon!

Don't worry we all do that at one time or another, I hope she was nice about it.

2508s42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2508s42 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:34pm
post #3 of 8

That is my biggest fear. I am being tested for ms right now and I have three wedding cakes due in two weeks. I am terrified that I can't do it all.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 8

I hope you feel better and I'm happy everything is over now.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 8

i too, have done the same thing so don't feel so bad! it happens to the best of us! icon_wink.gif

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 8

Oh no! I am SO sorry. I am sure it happens to everyone at some point. I hope you feel better soon, too.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 12:21am
post #7 of 8

I feel your pain! I was THIS close to that happening to me: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632837-nightmare.html

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 3:30am
post #8 of 8

Debi, I saw that!

I am just so happy that it was the groom's cake and not a wedding cake.

So she said she would call me today to tell me where they were eating so I could bring the cake and they did not.

I already told her I would give her a full refund for the cake, because I totally missed my mark. But I was going to give it to her anyway today for their dinner.

Should I still bring it to the wedding tomorrow?? My church is having a big function on Sunday, so I could bring it to them, the cake would certainly not be wasted.

I'm having a hard time thinking that someone is out there hating me...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%