Bra Cakes

Decorating By Skidoochic Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm by Skidoochic

Skidoochic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skidoochic Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:22am
post #1 of 5

Need help! Need a funny but tame idea for 35th birthday cake and I saw a cute idea on here with a fondant bra. How far in advance do you need to make the bra and, if it is 24 hours or less, where can I find the instructions?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 replies
KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 5

if you use gum paste 24 hours should be enough, you can use any size ball, you want to mold the cups of the bra, I would try to find styrofoam balls the size you need, the sides you can just roll out, in the necessary shape, the same with the straps. Attach the straps to the cup, check out your own bra to determine where you want to place them, then attach the other end to the side pieces toward the far end. If you can find a picture of a bra cake, you should not really need instructions. I would lay the bra on a base cake, shape and size your choice. message on the cake could be blank is 35 give her support, or something like that.

Skidoochic Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks! I don't think I have enough time. It is 6:30 pm now and the cake is due at 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. Any other good ideas? icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 11:27am
post #4 of 5

the bra doesnt need to dry at all. i did one, did cake, covered in flesh coloured fondant, and as soon as i had the pink fondant mixed, put on the bra.
shape of the bra depends on the shape of the boobs, i cut a large bra shape, placed it on, and marked places to cut smaller. thicker fondant = easier to work with.
xx

Skidoochic Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 5

Man, I wish I had known that! I don't do a lot with fondant and my one big project (the Mardi Gras crown) flopped horribly - so I am scared to death of the stuff!

I ended up doing a Daffy Duck with "You Thexy Thing" on it. It is cute, but the bra would have been a much bigger hit I am sure.

Oh well, maybe next time the guy will order the cake more than two days in advance!

Thanks for the all the help and guidance! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%