Wanted!! Moist Delicious White Cake!

Baking By Deniro Updated 16 Jun 2009 , 3:39am by Deniro

Deniro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deniro Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 10

I need a recipe for a white cake. I tried the recipe on the softsilk cake flour box,turned out horrible! I bake all the time so I don't know what happend the cake was so dry.Somebody please help. I have been using a red velvet cake recipe I have minus the food coloring and cocoa powder. It actually turns out pretty good. Does anyone have a great recipe?

9 replies
cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 10

Sounds like you looking for a good scratch recipe. Try the Vanilla Butter Cake from the Mermaid Bakery that's posted here on CC.

I think it's what you're looking for.

thumbs_up.gif

cakeymom

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:10pm
post #3 of 10

I am sure someone will suggest the WASC recipe, so I figured I would do so sooner rather than later! It is a great cake, but it is a doctored mix cake. It is easy, delicious and almost fool-proof. I actually use this basic recipe as the base for lots of other flavors, and I've gotten rave reviews every single time.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by allie73

I am sure someone will suggest the WASC recipe, so I figured I would do so sooner rather than later! It is a great cake, but it is a doctored mix cake. It is easy, delicious and almost fool-proof. I actually use this basic recipe as the base for lots of other flavors, and I've gotten rave reviews every single time.

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest the WASC recipe. If you don't want almond, you can always leave it out and use just vanilla. I don't know if you are strictly scratch, so you may not be interested at all. I do some scratch and some mix, so it wouldn't matter to me. HTH

Deniro Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammjenks

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie73

You beat me to it. I was going to suggest the WASC recipe. If you don't want almond, you can always leave it out and use just vanilla. I don't know if you are strictly scratch, so you may not be interested at all. I do some scratch and some mix, so it wouldn't matter to me. HTH

I already have wasn't impressed. Any other suggestions?

Deniro Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 1:08am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeymom

Sounds like you looking for a good scratch recipe. Try the Vanilla Butter Cake from the Mermaid Bakery that's posted here on CC.

I think it's what you're looking for.

thumbs_up.gif

cakeymom

Yes! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I will definately check out that recipe. Thank you.

TamathaV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaV Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 2:31am
post #7 of 10

I swear by Michele Foster's Elegant White Cake recipe! It's also passed the DH testicon_smile.gif I love it as written but have adapted it a bit by adding 1/2 tsp ground ginger and 1 full teaspoon kosher salt (I use unsalted butter). You can't really taste the ginger in the finished cake - it just adds a little depth and flavor.

Oh, by the way, the recipe I have from her cookbook calls for 1 1/4 cup buttermilk and the one here on CC is only 1 cup. I prefer using 1 1/4 cup. Just use 1 cup at the beginning of the recipe and the other 1/4 at the end...

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2273-4-White-Cake.html

Happy baking!

Tammy

Deniro Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 8:40pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you everyone for your great tips! thumbs_up.gif

imanah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imanah Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #9 of 10

Im curious, I think I tried that scratch recipi, but really can it be considered white since the egg yolks darken it?

Deniro Posted 16 Jun 2009 , 3:39am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by imanah

Im curious, I think I tried that scratch recipi, but really can it be considered white since the egg yolks darken it?

I honestly don't know. I think this cake has more flavor than any other white cake recipe I've tried. I really like it and plan to use it as white cake. I also plan on telling customers that its a butter cake so their's no surprises.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%