Need Help With Adult Cake

Decorating By madgypsy Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 7:09pm by Texas_Rose

madgypsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgypsy Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 3

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find the naughty cake area and the link wouldn't load. I am making a cake for my friend's birthday party next weekend and I bought a boob cake pan, this one in fact

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIGGINS-CAKE-GELATIN-PAN-BOOB-PAN-WITH-BOX_W0QQitemZ180363171167QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item29fe7b955f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Now I am by no means an expert baker. Cakes have not been my specialty, I'm more of a cookies and muffins type gal. I've never made any sort of novelty cake before, let alone an adult themed one. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some tips and tricks. I was disappointed by the pan's...cup size lol when I got it, so if anyone has any ideas how to bulk them up. Also I was wondering if someone could tell me a way to frost the cake that looks a little better the the picture on the back of the box as its pictured there. It looks terrible and I know there HAS to be a better way or a certain kind of frosting or something I don't know. I kinda lost and I need answers ASAP. Help please!

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place and offends anyone.

2 replies
pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 3

I did a boob cake recently with the Wilton Ball Pan and a 9x14 sheetcake. Its in my photos. It was very simple to do. Simply place your "boobs" and then cut the sheet cake around it to fit the torso you want to construct. Then crumb coat and cover with fondant. I covered the boobs first with flesh colored fondant and then did the torso.

You can do it!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 3

I made one recently with the Wilton Mini Wonder Mold pan and an 8x8 square (wasn't trying to feed a large group). I covered it with marshmallow fondant that I had tinted with peach and ivory. Because the one I was making was mostly undressed, I had to cover the boobs and torso with a single sheet of fondant. It was actually pretty easy...looks funny as anything while you're working on it though icon_biggrin.gif It's in my photos if you want to see.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%