Can You "dry Out" Cookies..fast?

Business By jlh Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 8:29pm by SugaredUp

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 4

There hs been a lot of unusual moisture in the air. My cookies are frosted (antonia's recipe), and ready to bag (48 hours old). They actual cookie is so mushy, I can hardly handle them. They won't hold up in bags. Can I dry them out in the oven, or will the frosting melt? I used a new recipe calling for 1 cup butter, 1 cup crisco, and powdered sugar. Could this have made a difference? I usually use NFSC, but wanted to try something different. don't know if it's the weather, or the recipe. Thanks!!

3 replies
SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 4

The only advice I can give is try freezing them for about 5-10 minutes before you bag them. This happened to me the other day and I ended up breaking several cookies. Even after they thaw out, they get soft again and breakable. I froze mine and it helped.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 4

I zapped one in the microwave for 15 seconds, and let sit for about 10 min. It's helped. Not perfect, but much better than mush. I just don't know for how long this will hold? I need to deliver at 4pm (6 hours from now). Will the oven help, or should I bag right away?

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 4

I would think heating them would make them softer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%