Cool Cupcake Carrier

Baking By Franluvsfrosting Updated 23 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm by Kay_NL

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 14

I was in Costco last night and picked up this cool little carrier for $16.99! It's just like the one in the link but it has three layers instead of two. You can buy more layers and snap them together too. The little trays can be flipped over to carry 9x13 cakes or you can put the tray handles down to make layers (two per box) for decorated cookies or bars/brownies. You don't have to take the whole thing either as they snap apart and the lid can be used on any of them. I just thought I'd share. Especially since my Costco had the three tier for such a good price! Now I don't have to carry several of the regular cake carriers lined with the no slip junk. icon_smile.gif

http://www.organize.com/large-snapware-cupcake-keeper.html#product-tabs

(Like I said, I didn't buy it at this store, I just wanted to show you what I got.) Love new kitchen toys! lol

13 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 14

Wish I had one of those right now! I have cupcakes needed for Tuesday for my son's class. I'm going to be making my first decorated cuppies! I am so excited.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 14

I bought a couple of those myself! Love them.

kyhendry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyhendry Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Wish I had one of those right now! I have cupcakes needed for Tuesday for my son's class. I'm going to be making my first decorated cuppies! I am so excited.

Sadsmile - I can't take credit for this cuz I saw it here on CC somewhere and can't search for some reason from work but...if you don't have a Costco nearby you can do what I do when transporting cuppies. I take a shallow box (or say the cardboard box the packages of personal water bottles come in) and get yourself some of those Nut Cups (I get them at Micheals or Party City) and glue them to the box (I've used Elmers or even a glue stick). Cupcakes just sit perfectly in there and you have the added bonus of not having to worry about the height of your icing/decorations. Here's a pic of my baby shower cuppies in one of these. NOTE: You'll want to take a small butter knife to pop them out.

HTH
LL

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 14

Is the bottom that holds the cupcakes an insert? Does it pull out? Cause that would be cool for cookies too if it does.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 14

Great idea thank you. I am sending the cuppies i am making with my son..LOL I hope he doesn't bash them all up.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:16pm
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMeister

Is the bottom that holds the cupcakes an insert? Does it pull out? Cause that would be cool for cookies too if it does.

It is! And not only does it come out but you can flip the handles the other direction for 9x13 cakes too. The other really cool thing is the handles for the insert can act as little legs so if you use the insert smooth side up you can put it in as a divider. This will allow you to layer frosted cookies on the bottom of the carrier, put the tray in and layer on top of that giving you two layers per container!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:28pm
post #8 of 14

I love that container. I've been looking for one like that. Sounds like I might have to make a trip to Indy. Thanks for sharing!

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 17 Jun 2009 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 14

I bought that a few months ago and am in love with it. I have the 3 tier as well, I like to store some tri color cookies on the bottom level (flipped tray) and than cupcakes and cookies on the others. icon_biggrin.gif I'm a little obsessed! Haha!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 18 Jun 2009 , 4:14am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyhendry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Sadsmile - I can't take credit for this cuz I saw it here on CC somewhere and can't search for some reason from work but...if you don't have a Costco nearby you can do what I do when transporting cuppies. I take a shallow box (or say the cardboard box the packages of personal water bottles come in) and get yourself some of those Nut Cups (I get them at Micheals or Party City) and glue them to the box (I've used Elmers or even a glue stick). Cupcakes just sit perfectly in there and you have the added bonus of not having to worry about the height of your icing/decorations. Here's a pic of my baby shower cuppies in one of these. NOTE: You'll want to take a small butter knife to pop them out.

HTH

cool! Am glad you use that idea icon_smile.gif I also read on here to use a foam board and then stick toothpicks on it and stick the cupcake on. i haven't tried it but it seems like a good idea unless you do filled cupcakes. anyway, am glad my idea is of use icon_smile.gif made my day. thanks!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:07am
post #11 of 14

I'm very jealous of how cheap things are over there in the States. At the weekend, I saw the same cupcake carrier at a store here and it cost A$60.00!!!!!!!

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 22 Jun 2009 , 11:33am
post #12 of 14

Wow, that's incredible!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:22pm
post #13 of 14

Wow! That cuppie carrier is awesome! I wish I had it this past weekend when I delivered 52 cupcakes to a friend for her daughter's 1st birthday. It would have made it soo much easier.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 4:30pm
post #14 of 14

That is so cool! I want it, even though I've never had somebody order cupcakes. LOL!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%