Convection Ovens - Deluxe Brand

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 2:53pm by khkakes

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 2

I know this has been talked about before but the search is not bringing anything up.
Does any one have the Deluxe Brand CR-2-4? i have a few questions. and if you have any other brand how do you like it? what i need to know first is what is the measurement from back to front with the doors open, im not sure i have enough space to put one, but i really need one, it takes all day just to back a set of wedding cakes and its getting old. So tell me what you have and why you like it. thanks everyone.

1 reply
khkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khkakes Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 2

Currently, I have a Viking convection oven. With the door open the measurement from the back to the front is about 39 1/2 inches. I love mine because it bakes evenly. I don't have to use heating cores or flour nails for deep pans or large pans. I can bake at 300 degrees in the same amount of time it takes to bake at 350 in a regular oven. When you roast a chicken - you get the crispiest skin with the smallest amount of oil and it is very juicy never dry.

Before this house I had a GE Profile convection oven (sorry don't have the measurements). I wasn't doing as much baking back then but I got similar results with that oven.

The draw back to the Viking is the heat it gives off. The glass on the door is only 2 panes versus 3 in the GE. Not a big deal with normal cooking. I did learn the hard way not to clean the oven when the kids are around because the glass gets so hot. Its not hot enough to burn the skin but enough to make a small child cry when they touch it.

Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%