Death By Chocolate Sweet 16 Party

Decorating By Bohnlo Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 4:41pm by brincess_b

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:35am
post #1 of 4

Hello fellow CC'ers. I was asked to do a cake for a co-workers daughters Sweet 16 party. They are having a murder mystery party ala "Death by Chocolate" The victim will be poisioned. Does anyone have any ideas on a cake idea? I was all set to do a heavily chocolate decorated cake with a fondant knife sticking out of it with rasp. filling on the knife and running down the cake when I was told that the death was by poisioning! Now I just can't picture anything. Oh ya, her daughter likes the colors turquoise and brown. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Lori

3 replies
MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 4

Hm...I have a couple ideas. Maybe make a fondant person laying dead on the cake and next to her outstretched hand, a jar with some turquoise goo spilled out of it? Or maybe put a large fondant chocolate bar that's got a bite taken out of it and has turquoise filling?

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 4

I like the idea of the turquoise goo....what if you made the goo coming out from the side of the cake..kinda like the cake is poisioned. You good do the "slice of cake" cake and have the slide made to look like some one bit a piecce and have the good coming out of that slice?

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 4

ooo i like the slice of cake cake idea!
or else, all chocolatey cake, with a bottle of poison spilled over on the top?
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%