Making A Trophy

Decorating By lauriekailee Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 11:37am by bakingatthebeach

lauriekailee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauriekailee Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 4:33am
post #1 of 3

I have to make an edible replica trophy. It is a bowl type trophy with a square 2 or 3 level base. The base gets smaller as it goes up.

All the experts out there!!!

How do I make the bowl?

How do I make the bowl stay on the cake base without squishing it?

What do I make them out of? Pastillage, gumpaste?

I have to buy an edible paint sprayer. What is the best brand to buy but not spend hundreds of dollars? I am expecting the air brush to be about $200.

HELP!

Laurie

2 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:13am
post #2 of 3

I know there are posts about airbrush machines. Do a search for airbrush & it should pull those up. HTH & gives you a bump too

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 11:37am
post #3 of 3

After multiple different ways doing my teacups (in my pics) I found if you roll out gumpaste, take a bowl and place it on top of the gumpaste (or draw a circle larger than the rim of the bowl) and cut a few inches larger than the rim. Then flip the bowl over, grease the inside of it
(so you can get the gumpaste out easily when it dries) then lay the gumpaste inside the bowl, carefully pushing it in and smoothing it so there are no wrinkles. It wont go all the way down. Then you can make a little base out of gumpaste for it to sit on (like on my cups). I use a mixture of gumpaste and water as glue to glue the base on. Make sure you grease the inside of the bowl well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%