Alli Diet Program...

Lounge By KlyKat Updated 6 Jun 2009 , 9:55pm by KlyKat

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 19

Has anyone tried this diet program? I've read where it's the only FDA approved diet pill. And the website is very informative.

So, if anyone has tried it or is currently taking it I'd like to know your thoughts, good or bad.

Thanks, kly

18 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 19

I have no personal experience with it, but some people do well on it, others don't. I would just be careful and make sure you control your fat consumption.

Good luck!

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 19

I have heard two things. 1-that you are likely to have accidents when you eat something fatty. Something about oily stool spotting. Ew. And 2-the weight loss isn't really that great compared to regular diet and exercise. Meaning it doesn't make a huge difference.

There is no magic pill for losing weight-it's hard work and discipline and won't come in a bottle. Weight Watchers is a good place to start.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMorgan

I have heard two things. 1-that you are likely to have accidents when you eat something fatty. Something about oily stool spotting. Ew. And 2-the weight loss isn't really that great compared to regular diet and exercise. Meaning it doesn't make a huge difference.

There is no magic pill for losing weight-it's hard work and discipline and won't come in a bottle. Weight Watchers is a good place to start.

Ummm, yes and no. Having the "oily stool spotting" is a possiblity if you have to much fat in your foods. That's why the directions are to take it with the meals that have excessive fat! It binds to the fat and passes it through without absorbing it. SOME OF IT!! So it may be "ew", but you know what, people have to do what people have to do! I personally have taken it and love it. It's all a matter of changing how you eat and is a guide in helping with that. I mean lets be honest here, if you don't want to pass some "oily stool" back off from the fats!! Isn't that how we are suppose to lose weight any way?!!! Again, it's just a tool to help you make better choices, not to change your life for you! It helps you to adjust and have a more "regular" and balanced diet. And it is GREAT!! For those people who have tried weight loss and don't see the numbers, they get discouraged and then what happens....FOOD happens!!! So, it does help to motivate people to excersize because they are seeing a weight loss in numbers. I know from personal experience that if I don't see the numbers I'm like "why excersize, I'm not losing weight anyway". ALLI is a GREAT tool and also is the only diet pill that diabetics should use or anybody with health problems!!!!!!!! If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me!
HTH

KlyKat Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:18am
post #5 of 19

Ummm, yes and no. Having the "oily stool spotting" is a possiblity if you have to much fat in your foods. That's why the directions are to take it with the meals that have excessive fat! It binds to the fat and passes it through without absorbing it. SOME OF IT!! So it may be "ew", but you know what, people have to do what people have to do! I personally have taken it and love it. It's all a matter of changing how you eat and is a guide in helping with that. I mean lets be honest here, if you don't want to pass some "oily stool" back off from the fats!! Isn't that how we are suppose to lose weight any way?!!! Again, it's just a tool to help you make better choices, not to change your life for you! It helps you to adjust and have a more "regular" and balanced diet. And it is GREAT!! For those people who have tried weight loss and don't see the numbers, they get discouraged and then what happens....FOOD happens!!! So, it does help to motivate people to excersize because they are seeing a weight loss in numbers. I know from personal experience that if I don't see the numbers I'm like "why excersize, I'm not losing weight anyway". ALLI is a GREAT tool and also is the only diet pill that diabetics should use or anybody with health problems!!!!!!!! If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me!
HTH

That's the way I see it too. It's more than a quick-fix diet. It helps you to make a life style change.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 12:30am
post #6 of 19

I have mixed feelings on Alli. I am glad that they did come up with a diet pill that is FDA approved and hopefully doesn't have any lasting health issues like some of the other ones do. And it seems that it does work for people. That is far better than all the other magic pills out there.

I too have looked at it and thought, Hmmm, but I have passed on it. I totally understand how it works and that if you stay on the plan you don't have the side affects, but we can not always control how our food is made and there are times that it may contain more fat than out bodies are use to.

Watching what you eat and exercise does work. So even if you don't to risk the side affects of Alli, you can still lose weight. You have to seriously sit down with your self and be honest about what you eat and educate yourself on what you should be eating and follow a guideline, and add in some form of work out, you will lose weight.

I hate the word diet personally. If you want to lose weight you just can not go on a diet you have to change your life. All parts of your life, not just your eating. If you don't you will end up gaining your weight back. So hopefully Alli does teach people to eat better, but if you stop taking it and get more relaxed on your eating you too will gain weight back.

Weight loss didn't happen over night and it should be something that takes time to get off, as much as we wish it would happen over night. The time and effort it takes to lose weight is what helps you keep it off in the long run. It teaches you things about yourself and how to deal with things going on in your life. If you rush through the process you often miss some of the lessons.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 1:57am
post #7 of 19

When it was approved, I ran right out and bought a 6 month supply. I was really not heavy enough to be on the program (I seem to remember that 154# was the minimum weight for my height, and I was like 140#), but I got it anyway.

My diet was already low in fat, so the Alli didn't really affect me at all. At first, I did lose weight because I was scared to eat anything, but once I realized I wasn't going to randomly pewp my pants I started eating normally again. Twice, I had bad reactions, but both times I knew that I shouldn't take the pill and I did anyway. One time, I ate a bunch of pizza and tried to run 5 miles, the other time I got a Southwestern Salad from Mickey D's with fried chix and it almost caused me to have an accident. Twice in 6 mos? No biggie for me.

I really started to lose weight when I started Weight Watchers, though.

KlyKat Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:15am
post #8 of 19

Thanks to all of you for your responses!!! I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but I am leaning towards using Alli.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:33am
post #9 of 19

Give it a try, and if you don't like it you can always stop. It's not a laxative or a appetite suppressant, so it won't make you wonky. If you don't like it you can always stop.

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:26am
post #10 of 19

I'm on alli...I'm thinking about switching to ww though. I've lost 4 pounds in a month, and when you've got 60 pounds to go...

Positives about alli (imo): it puts the ball in your court = you eat right and there is no stomach pain/side effects, you don't, you pay for it. Also, I like that it doesn't mess w/your mood, like some of the speed based diet pills.

Negatives: ugh, it makes me rely on my own will power, which, if I had any, I wouldn't be 193 damn pounds in the first place. Also, there is the major eww factor when you eat too much fat. So, so gross. Wish ya luck!

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:32am
post #11 of 19

Mandy-on WW I was losing 2-3/week. On my first week I lost 7 and my second I lost 4. It's amazing how fast it melts off with the program, and you can really eat the things you like in moderation and with planning. That might be a better fit for you.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:48am
post #12 of 19

I have been on Alli now for 5 months. I have lost 25 pounds and I have never felt better. I needed the extra boost to lose the baby fat after my first child. I have to eat right, exercise daily, and try to stay as stress free as possible. Hard to do with a very active toddler and equally active husband. But I love it and would recommend it to anyone who is overweight.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:07am
post #13 of 19

I am on Alli right now. I love it cause its like "big brother" watching over me making sure I don't eat badly - or else! I haven't had any problems with it BUT I know a girl that oops pooped her pants at work while on it (after a salad the night before with oily dressing)... so beee gooood. icon_smile.gif

I had about 20 pounds to lose when I started (yes, less than the package says I need... but I'm not gonna get any fatter first just to use it!) and I;ve lost about 5 in two weeks. IDK how much is the pill and how much is the constant threat/reminder... but whatever it is I'll take it!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:45am
post #14 of 19

I lost 5 pounds last week by eating less. I ate 4 pizzas, a lot of rice and some sweets. I mean it's a lot better than eating a box of pizza, a sack of rice and a dozen of krispy kreme. I just try not to deprive myself and not to overeat. That's just my way of losing weight...

Btw, I've lost 105 pounds but gained 40 back after 3 years.

KlyKat Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:52pm
post #15 of 19

I thank you all for the replies and your honesty. I think I will give it a try. I love the fact that it doesn't have any of the "wonky" side effects. Plus, like stated above "you better eat right or else"!!! I think I need that extra "something" to keep me straight.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 10:54pm
post #16 of 19

I was on Alli for about six months and had great results. I had a few near accidents, but they were my own fault. One time I ate five fried french toast sticks and had to bolt to the restroom about a half and hour later. The grease that came out of me was revolting and I vowed never to eat those things again!

Iâm off the pills now (I lost all my extra weight), but Iâll start taking them again if the pounds start creeping back.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 3:20pm
post #17 of 19

Good morning,
Just wanted to let you know good luck on your journey and you will not be disappointed. I love it. It is my new best friend!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm
post #18 of 19

Kly I've been taking Ali since January. I eat a very low fat diet. I was struggling to lose and I talked to my doctor. She said to eat somewhere around 25-28 grams of fat a day. I do and it works. I also take Ali. I do know that I would be losing weight without it, but I think that it helps me lose a little more than I would have...and I'll take any extra help I can get.
I also work out. I have lost 38lbs.

KlyKat Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 9:55pm
post #19 of 19

Hi Ohara, I start the program tomorrow. I relaaly think I will do well on it. Like I said in an earlier post, I think it will be that extra help I need.

I looked over their website and created my alli plan. My work schedule is getting ready to really get hectic so I won't have much time to workout right now. Unless being on your feet 12-16 hours decorating counts icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%