I So Need Help Please!

Decorating By Mrs_Olivares Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 6:04am by Mrs_Olivares

Mrs_Olivares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_Olivares Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:13am
post #1 of 4

hi all. i am brand new to cc and am already hooked. anyways i want to make this cake for my son with one difference - i want motorcycles instead of cars cuz my son is obsessed with them! any ideas with making them with fondant? my main problem though is the ramp! how in the world do i make it? PLEASE help with any suggestions. my sons b day is in early july! Thank you

[/img]
LL

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:23am
post #2 of 4

I think that would be a challenging task. I have no tips but I suggest you use gumpaste instead of fondant. That way it will keep it's shape.

Good luck.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 7:57am
post #3 of 4

Hi! well i found this cake in the galleries that i remember looks sort of like this one with a path winding around the cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=467903

You maybe would like to private message the person who did this to ask them how they did it?

It looks like two tiered cake and then maybe you could use another cake to carve a sloped track/ramp out of and put it around the second tier? I dunno that is my guess lol

HTH icon_smile.gif

Mrs_Olivares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_Olivares Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:04am
post #4 of 4

thanx for the link to that cake! its awsome and is more or less the same and seems to be just carved out of the cake! thank you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Hi! well i found this cake in the galleries that i remember looks sort of like this one with a path winding around the cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=467903

You maybe would like to private message the person who did this to ask them how they did it?

It looks like two tiered cake and then maybe you could use another cake to carve a sloped track/ramp out of and put it around the second tier? I dunno that is my guess lol

HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%