Simple Syrup

Decorating By monkeny Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm by monkeny

monkeny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monkeny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 7

Sorry I can't find the thread earlier on using simple syrup...but do you brush on each layer of the cake and I am assuming this is done before frosting...I have heard/seen that corn syrup can be brushed on the buttercream or ganache before putting the fondant on- that is different than the simple syrup, right? Ohhhh--I need and want to intern!

6 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, you brush or spray it on each layer of cake before adding filling and frosting. I don't know about the corn syrup, as I have never done that.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 7

Simple syrup its brush generiously to the cake before you put BC or ganache on the layers. It is used to keep the cake moist. I have never heard of it being put on BC or ganache. Unless this is something new

monkeny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the info...For some reason I think I saw a tutorial on you tube from Planet Cake and they used corn syrup before putting the fondant on...Then again it was late at night and I watched a ton of "How To" videos!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 7

How do you make this syrup?

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 7

No problem. I know when I start to research things if I looks at too many things at once I tend to start to get things mixed up. It happens to the best of us.

monkeny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 7

Found it....

case anyone was wondering icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%