Cake-Like Cheesecake?

Decorating By Tee-Y Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 9:00am by Sweet_Guys

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:32am
post #1 of 7

Hello CC'ers , I tasted a cake recently at a party that was called a cheesecake and it was so delicious but my confusion came from the fact that it was like a normal sponge cake though with a cheesy taste and not like the usual cream cheese on graham cracker cheesecake I know. Does anyone have an idea how it was made?

6 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 9:38am
post #2 of 7

Hi, is it the cheesecake cake? I made one and I used a cheesecake in between a cake. It was, cake - cheesecake - cake. I followed Toba Garretts recipe for that. icon_smile.gif

Tee-Y Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 7

No bashini, it was just a cake with a white cake texture but with a cheese taste.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 7

there is a gourmet cake flavors thread in the forums that lists a cheesecake lovers cake as one of the recipes:

2 boxes white cake mix
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 pkg cheesecake pudding mix
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg light cream cheese
6 eggs (blend eggs into softened cream cheese before adding to batter)
1 1/3 cup italian sweet cream coffee creamer (coffee mate)
1 1/3 cup water
1/4 c oil
2 t vanilla
2 t butter flavoring

chocolate swirl
2 pkgs cream cheese
2 eggs
2/3 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips, melted

combine chocolate mix and marble into white batter, being careful to keep it away from the sides of the pan.

could be made without the chocolate marble of course.

Tee-Y Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you crystalina, I'll like to try this out but I want to know if you know a substitute for the cheesecake pudding mix as I don't think I'll get that in my area.LOL!!! I really appreciate your taking the time to send me this icon_smile.gif .

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 7

where do you live? it would be found in the baking section of the store where all the other jello and pudding mixes are found. if all else fails, probably white chocolate pudding would be an ok substitute or i guess vanilla if you had no other choices...i think the cream cheese in the batter is what will give it the most distinctive cheesecake taste anyway.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 9:00am
post #7 of 7

Another flavor option that we've made is carrot cake cheesecake...We start with a cheesecake batter and swirl in dollops of carrot cake batter...Not sure if that is similar to what you experienced or not?

Paul & Peter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%