Question About Clay Guns

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:10am by chanielisalevy

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:35am
post #1 of 2

I googled 'clay gun' after hearing about them several times here. They look an awful lot like my cookie press. Are they the same thing? If so, what do you use in them...fondant, gum paste, something else?

1 reply
chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:10am
post #2 of 2

They are basically a small, usually metal, version of your cookie gun. They are fondant protruders that when kneaded with a bit of water then coated in crisco will slip through the barrel and be shaped by the disks to make hair, ropes, borders, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%