Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 12:54am by cheesecakes-galore

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:29am
post #1 of 3

I see lots of ppl using mirrors under their cakes. My question is: Where do you find/buy all the different sized mirrors? and Do you get the mirror back from the customer? Do you charge a "rental" fee for them?

2 replies
KacieMeredith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KacieMeredith Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:50am
post #2 of 3

I have bought mine from michaels and lowes. You can even order them online at walmart and have them shipped to the store which is free because they arent available in stores. You can also search online for frameless mirrors. And though I dont really sell cakes just make them for friends and family, I do always get them back. If I were you I would treat the mirror as any other reusable base and take a deposit since they can be somewhat expensive. Hope this helps.

cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 12:54am
post #3 of 3

I have not used mirrors yet, but I would definitely treat it as a rental just like any other cake base.

Quote by @%username% on %date%