Pricing On Mini Burger Cupcakes

Baking By e rose sweets Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 12:25pm by cylstrial

e rose sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
e rose sweets Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 10

I would like to know how much others charge for the mini burger cupcakes by the dozen? I charge 15.00 per dozen and was looked at like I said one million. also I seem to always find myself trying to justify my price (like explaining why I'm charging that amount).

9 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:59am
post #2 of 10

That seems low for speciality cupcakes that take a lot of time!! My friend bought regular cupcakes with a swirl of icing and sprinkles for $2.00 each. I think you should raise your prices! Find another place that charges way more and when they balk at the prices hand them the brochere and say, "See I'm much cheaper". That's advice I got from IndyDebi on here.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by e rose sweets

I would like to know how much others charge for the mini burger cupcakes by the dozen? I charge 15.00 per dozen and was looked at like I said one million. also I seem to always find myself trying to justify my price (like explaining why I'm charging that amount).

When you do so, do so confidently and firmly. people who don't expect to pay what your work is worth is not your target market. Your real customers are out there, trust me.

I can't imagine doing plain cupcakes for $15 a dozen. If you want to have something for the customer who doesn't want to spend much try to have a creative idea that will satisfy them and be fair to you.

Some people are used to using home bakers as slave labor - nothing you can do about it, but don't be a slave yourself.

Stepping off of soapbox now... icon_biggrin.gif

e rose sweets Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 10

thanks for the responses. I know my prices are way too low I was only charging 6.00 for a dozen of plain cupcakes trying to stay comparable to the local grocery stores and the fact I am still new at this. But because of me being new people have taken advantage of me getting wedding cakes for 65.00. Now I am more confident to raise my prices and either they will pay or I will just make desserts for my family. again thanks for the repsonses icon_smile.gif

Mylittleflutterby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mylittleflutterby Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you so much for posting this thread... I am not doing the mini burger cupcakes, but I am going to be selling regular sized cupcakes iced with custom edible images on them as well as just iced/decorated and was worried that I would be charging too much. This is such a great forum icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 10

Seriously though, you should probably charge $3.00 per cupcake when they are that detailed!! Did you decide what you are going to charge? (And not budge from?)

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 10

Hi, I start my cupcakes at $2.50each and nobody has ever said anything to me about the price... they usually just can't wait to pop them in their mouths!! lol
They are usually a swirl design with a little fondant flower or sprinkles.( or whatever they want)

e rose sweets Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 10

I did already tell the one person 15.00 per dozen so I feel I have to stick to that proce but after you all responses I am going up on my prices I am starting to work on a new price list today. I am losing too much money with all the extra's even with filling the cakes, that's probably one reason I get so discourged because there is no profit. again thanks for everyone's help... icon_biggrin.gif

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:29am
post #9 of 10

My burger cupcakes are about 4" across. The first order I did them for I charged $2.00 each. The client scolded me and paid me $3.50 each. (he is the sales manager at a large auto dealership.)

I have never priced them less than $3.50 since and they are my most popular cupcake. Stick to you pricing.

cylstrial Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 12:25pm
post #10 of 10

Yeah E Rose Sweets!! Glad to hear you're raising your prices! And I totally understand honoring the price that you quoted that person. That's the right thing to do!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%