Help! Cake Supplies In West Covina, Hurry

Business By feelslikesilk Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm by feelslikesilk

feelslikesilk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feelslikesilk Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 9

Question Ladies:

Can anyone help me out as far as where I may be able to find a Cake Supply store in the West Covina, CA area?

Only here for a few days

Thanks so much

8 replies
CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 9

A&J in Glendora, CA at Amelia and Route 66 (Baseline) about 10-15 minutes from you.

or Sweet Mercantile in Rancho Cucamonga at Carnelian and Foothill (I think Foothill is the cross street) about 25 miles east of W.Covina.

Sweet Mercantile has better pricing.

PM me if you need anything else or maybe I can help you with anything.

hunzz71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hunzz71 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 9

A&J will have a little better selection. Both of those stores have more stuff if you want candy making supplies than cake making supplies. If you are looking for something more than the basic baking and decorating supplies, you won't find either there. There is also Suzy's Sweet Tooth in Montclair off of Benson and Arrow Hwy. Have never been there, so I don't know what they carry.

CakeDiosa Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 9

Suzy's is pretty expensive too and they only take cash (just FYI) . It's a smaller store. I saw lots of tips, pans, and a few molds and they carry the hi ratio shortening (that's why I went there but it was ridiculously priced....ugh) but I don't know how much cake stuff in general. Guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Personally, I prefer Sweet Mercantile's cake supply selection over A&J's. A&J seemed more candy oriented to me.

Best of luck!

lildragon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lildragon Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 9

I know it might be out of your way, but definitely worth checking out is CA Cake Decorating Supply in Redlands on Colton Ave. (909) 792-8788 They have a HUGE selection for cake decorators as well as candy enthusiast.

bakery_chick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakery_chick Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 9

sorry to anyone who read that on the wrong post....
icon_redface.gif

DNBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DNBunny Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 9

There's also deCroupet's Cake Sisters in Arcadia, CA.

http://www.cakesisters.com/supplies.html

It's fairly close and they teach classes and have a nice inventory of supplies.

CakeDiosa Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 9

Ooohh good to know! Never heard of the Arcadia shop.

By the way....if any of you locals need some bubble tea straws I ordered a bunch and have tons of extra that you are welcome to for cheap, if you use them.

feelslikesilk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feelslikesilk Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 9

Ladies, Thank you so much for your help and information in regards to the stores, we are here on Holiday from Europe and the selection is 0 to NONE. Your help was very much appreciated. Again thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%