What Is Your Way To Glaze Cookies??

Baking By ZlatkaT Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 8:26pm by txnonnie

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 6

For over two years I am using painting (with brush) method to glaze my cookies. I am getting faster, and comfortable with this method, but I don't get the "puff" look, that I see on somebody else pictures. Is the flooding method faster? I tried once, and I had the lines visible as I vent back and forward (maybe my RI was not thin enough)??

5 replies
leahk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leahk Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 6

The trick I use to figure out consistancy is picking up my mixing spoon and letting the frosting drizzle back into the bowl. Then I slowly count. If it disappears into itself by a count of 7-8 then it is thin enough to cover the cookies without lines, yet thick enough not to run all over the place.

ZlatkaT Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 6

until now I was using regular RI to glaze my cookies. I just printed tara1970 cookie icing, and it looks like it might give nice shinny glaze. Have you tried this one? I am only concerned that might take long time to dry (as there is no meringue powder)???
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-6523-3-Suagr-cookie-Icing.html

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 6

I use the corn syrup recipe. I am by no means an expert. I have only done this 3 times. But I do like the recipe with syrup for it dries firm, but not hard and crunchy like I have seen on other cookies.

ZlatkaT Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 6

do you mean firm, that you could stack cookies on top of each other?? I will try this recipe.

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:26pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, you can stack cookies and the icing does not smear or mess up. I have covered mine in a plastic cover and tied curly ribbon around them. Also put them in a container, cup, etc, and covered with celophane wrap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%