Spiderman Bust Cake Help!

Decorating By mommy2remi Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 8:41pm by mommy2remi

mommy2remi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2remi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 4

I am wanting to make a spiderman bust in 2 weeks for my cousin's son's 5th b-day. He wants spiderman, and I would like to try to make a bust like I've seen soo many on cc. A lot are made w/ a styrofoam head and then cake for the shoulders and cheast. I've also seen rice crispy treats for the head. But, i'd like to make the entire thing out of cake. Has anyone done this?? If so how, and how on earth would i do the support system, i usually use the sps system. Would a single dowel through the middle work?? I would have to deliver the cake to the party, which is probably a 15 min. drive, and I don't want this thing to collaspe on the way over. Any advice??? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mommy2remi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 4

any advice, guys???

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 4

Ok, I did this one. I think you left this question on my photo. I supported the head with a board under the head and some small dowels to support. then I sharpened a dowel and ran it through all the way down. I used about three cardboard cake boards at the bottom to poke the center dowel into. I'm not sure about transporting. Ours stayed on the kitchen table until we cut it. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

mommy2remi Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:41pm
post #4 of 4

thanks this helps alot! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%