Urgent Help Needed, Cupcakes Fell.

Decorating By cricket0616 Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 1:00am by sarahcupcake

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 7

I just baked a batch of yellow cupcakes and they fell. I have made this reciped dozens of times and went over the reciped again and don't think I missed anything. The only thing I did differently was that I did not use cupcake liners. I buttered and floured eat cup. Could that be the issues?? I have to rebake immediately. I need them in the morning.

6 replies
MJoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJoycake Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 7

I'm sorry I don't know, but I'll give you a bump.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 7

Did you open the oven to check their progress at all during the baking? If you're on a dead line, I would just go get some cupcake liners and do it the way you've always done it, then experiment some more later without the liners so you can figure out what happened.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 7

That happened to me once and it was the thermostat in the oven going out. Hopefully that's not what happened to your cupcakes, but if you have an oven thermometer you might check the oven temp.

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 31 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 7

also make sure your ingredients are not too old. i had this happen to me with a few of my cakes and i realized that it was because my self-rising flour was no longer good.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 7

I did open the door after 18 minutes to check on the cupcakes and they needed a few more minutes, so I guess that could be it. I have never had that happen before. All the ingredients were new, so it had to be either me opening the door or the butter and flour in the cups. I would love to figure this out, so I don't do it again.

sarahcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahcupcake Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:00am
post #7 of 7

I had the same thing happen not too long ago while working on mini cakes, it turned out to be my oven not keeping the proper temperature. I agree with the previous posts and urge you to get an oven thermometer and see if this is the issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%