What Flavors To Compliment Each Other - Chocolate, Mmf

Baking By ThreePrinces Updated 31 May 2009 , 5:06pm by varika

ThreePrinces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreePrinces Posted 31 May 2009 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 2

I have a bridal shower cake coming up next weekend and the request is for a topsy turvy cake. The bride loves chocolate and so I'm going to make a buttermilk devil's food so that it's not overly sweet. But then the question is - what type of buttercream would compliment a chocolate cake with MMF? I don't want it to be overly sweet.

Any ideas? Good recipes to share? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 31 May 2009 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreePrinces

I have a bridal shower cake coming up next weekend and the request is for a topsy turvy cake. The bride loves chocolate and so I'm going to make a buttermilk devil's food so that it's not overly sweet. But then the question is - what type of buttercream would compliment a chocolate cake with MMF? I don't want it to be overly sweet.

Any ideas? Good recipes to share? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

How 'bout a hazelnut buttercream? As long as there are no nut allergies. It has a slightly...smokey flavor to it, I really love chocolate and hazelnut together...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%