Heat And Rain In Miami Help Please

Decorating By Yankie Updated 9 Jun 2009 , 7:05pm by CristyInMiami

Yankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yankie Posted 31 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cake for my nephew on saturday. I'm in Miami and it has been raining everyday...plus is so HOOOOOOT!

I'm making a 2 tier fondant cake with some buttercream accents....how can I keep this cake from falling apart if I have to deal with heat and rain.

Please HELP ME!!!

I forgot the best part, the party is going to be at a park..outside for about 4 hours.

3 replies
Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 31 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 4

Crank up the air and the dehumidifier and pray sweetie pray. That's all I've got.

I wish you well. I had a wedding and baby shower and it's been raining here too, and very warm. Now that the cakes are done and gone, we have a cool, dry day. Mother nature is so unfair at times.

Have a great day! icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 31 May 2009 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 4

l would recommend indydebi's buttercream recipe. I know ..... it uses shortening - Debi actually uses non-transfat Crisco ..... but I have used it several times for outside, 90+ temps, 90+ humidity (did a wedding last weekend) and I haven't lost my icing yet. Besides that, all of the cakes have been eaten and enjoyed very much. I told my "customers" (I'm in Texas - I can't sell cakes so they are all gifts) that I couldn't use butter in the icing. They knew what they were eating and still loved it. icon_smile.gif

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 4

How did it go?

I had a b-day this weekend that I delivered the cake too. iT was also at a park. I took it out of box, the mom LOVED it! Not 5 minutes passed and we both looked at it and it was SWEATING!!! I told her it was incredibly hot!
icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_redface.gif

I'm in Miami too and it was also outside in a park. I left super worried. I emailed the lady later on and she said that nothing other than the sweating happened and she was very happy with the cake! WHEW!!! birthday.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%