I Sold All My Kid's Toys To Make Room For Cake Supplies!

Decorating By FairyPoppins Updated 1 Jun 2009 , 12:07am by CCCTina

FairyPoppins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FairyPoppins Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 8

No, I not the meanest Mom in the world! My 10 year old daughter wanted to get rid of all her Barbies, Webkinz, Build a Bears etc, as she's really into computers, sports and other more grown up stuff. We had a garage sale yesterday. She's happy she made $50 and I'm happy I have a huge shelf of empty plastic bins in the basement! Time to buy more supplies!

7 replies
CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:59am
post #2 of 8

I love it! I have a closet near my kitchen filled with my 4 kids' toys that I would love to fill with cake stuff. But I have a long wait as they are 4,4,2, & 2 (2 sets of twins). Enjoy shopping!

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 8

Bad Bad mom, lol. I know the feeling I does get tired of seeing the toys my kids don't play with. I don't buy them toys, other people do. Well look on the bright side the more cakes you sell, the more grown up stuff you can buy for her.

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneyracing Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:07am
post #4 of 8

my kids have tons of toys too...i dont buy alot of toys they all come from grandparents...i have 5 girls 14,10,8,3 & 3...the older girls dont really play with toys but the twins has 2 of everything...i dont know if i could do 2 sets of twins...i think i might go crazy...as they get new toys i have been getting rid of the older olds so we have room

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:31am
post #5 of 8

2 sets of twins....

5 girls....

How do you ladies even find the time to make cakes???

oneyracing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneyracing Posted 31 May 2009 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 8

i am lucky enough mine keep each other busy all day...the oldest is in home school so she is around to help when i need her..the other two is at school all day long...and the twins keep each other busy most of the time...i do alot of my baking early mornings or late nights...plus i am a sahm and i have a wonderful husband that helps me alot...if i need quiet time he takes the little ones outside or with him when he has to go somewhere...and he helps me decorate alot of my cakes thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #7 of 8

Sounds like a great idea. I think I need to start a garage sale too.

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:07am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaplh

2 sets of twins....
5 girls....
How do you ladies even find the time to make cakes???

On top of a full time job, I get very little sleep. Most cakes are after their bed times. But I wouldn't change it for the world...well except for my kids to get good enough to help with cakes. Right now, they (and hubby) just want to eat the fondant and cake scraps and ask me a million questionsicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%