Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

Decorating By prue23 Updated 31 May 2009 , 7:29pm by prue23

prue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prue23 Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 10

I'm fairly new at doing cakes and every time I've done a cake I was present to taste it and I'm usually the one that has to cut it also. Today is the first time that I won't be there. I made a cake for my cousin's birthday but I won't be able to be at the party and I'm having major issues. I can't stop thinking if the cake is ok, if they'll like it, if it taste good, etc etc. Has this happened to anyone?

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 10

Yup, that's normal icon_smile.gif You'll got over it.......eventually.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 10

You're just a worry wart like the rest of us. Perfectly normal!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 10

It happens ALL the time,dont worry.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 10

Ha ha...whenever anyone titles their post "Has anyone experienced this" I laugh.

It's all been agonized over...one way or another.

You'll be fine.

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:33pm
post #6 of 10

Most of the birthday cakes I've done I've been at the party also, crazy thing is....I usually don't even eat any of it! I've done lots of cakes for special occasions so I'm obviously not going to be present for those!...I would like to get feedback from those ppl tho...anyone have suggestions on how i should go about this?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #7 of 10

Yes, its definetly something you will get over with somewhat. I think there will always be a part of me wondering what everyone thought, etc. But the only thing I do, is I make sure I have a small cupcake portion to try out to make sure its all good!!!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 30 May 2009 , 10:42pm
post #8 of 10

I only go through it now when it's for people I know. For other clients.........it doesn't bother me one bit.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:44am
post #9 of 10

Everyone would feel that way.. well most people.

prue23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prue23 Posted 31 May 2009 , 7:29pm
post #10 of 10

lol thanks for the replies . . . I feel better now, turns out they did like it, both the taste and design icon_smile.gif . . . the cupcake thing is a great idea, I should try to do that. I had the urge to text/e-mail my cousin all day but I held back, that would have been too weird I think lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%