Ivory Icing

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 30 May 2009 , 7:27pm by mbt4955

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 30 May 2009 , 1:52pm
post #1 of 6

Is Cream cheese crusting icing naturaly of ivory collor? Or do I have to add ivory icing color to it? I am looking for some recipe of wedding Ivory icing, which will crust. Thank you!!!

5 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 6

I use butter in my butter cream, and the crusting cream cheese is pretty much the same color...... I used them side by side for a wedding cake, and no one could tell the difference.....

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 30 May 2009 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

I use real vanilla when I want an ivory buttercream. I think it tastes better and it gives just enough color. I have ivory gel color, but the vanilla is usually enough.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 May 2009 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 6

I did a small cake yesterday. Crumb coated with regular white bc, then iced in cream cheese icing. The cream cheese icing was more yellow, or off-white, than the regular icing, but if I wanted it to be ivory, I'd probably use the cheap brown vanilla instead of the clear vanilla. That's what I do with my regular icing that's ivory and it works fine.

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 30 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you, that what I will do, use the regular vanilla, and maybe add ivory color if needed.... . I just hope that the cream cheese icing recipe will crust the same as BC, I never work with the cream cheese icing before.

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 30 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 6

I think there is a crusting cream cheese icing recipe on here. The proportion of fat (butter, cream cheese, shortening) to powdered sugar is what determines if it will crust or not. Mine always does ...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%