Best Fondant! Thanks Jennifer Dontz!

Decorating By Rylan Updated 22 Apr 2012 , 6:01am by shanter

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 30 May 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 18

I just got Jennifer Dontz's dvd today and let me tell you, you gotta get one too. You just HAVE to.

Although I haven't made her fondant yet, I can already tell that it taste good and performs well. What I also love about the dvd are the new techniques she showed... oh and plus she is totally totally charming.

Just wanted to talk about it because Jennifer has changed my life-- even before I got the dvd. She is really really nice and is willing to help you with anything. She has patience and a lot of talents. THANKS JENNIFER DONTZ! THANKS YOU!

If you would like to purchase her dvd, you can check it out at

www.jenniferdontz.com

Believe me, its worth it.

17 replies
cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 31 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 18

I agree 100% thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif and just to add I have made her fondant & pearl clay and both perform and taste much better then other fondants!!!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:47am
post #3 of 18

Thank you for your kind comments ladies!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

madhattercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madhattercakes Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #4 of 18

I am curious, is chocolate fondant better tasting than marshmallow fondant? I find that Rhonda's marshmallow fondant tastes 100% better than regular fondant but it is a bit sweet. Does the chocolate fondant taste as sweet or less? Is it easier to work with? (marshmallows sure make it sticky to work with). Does the chocolate fondant work great for fine detail or figures/animals? Does it take to coloring just as well or better? Thanks for letting me know. Very curious about the dvd.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:19am
post #5 of 18

What a glowing endorsement! Can't wait to order mine! Thanks! I remain in awe of those who share their creative abilities through technology.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:21am
post #6 of 18

What a glowing endorsement! Can't wait to order mine! Thanks! I remain in awe of those who share their creative abilities through technology.

vicksmaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicksmaw Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:24am
post #7 of 18

I made her fondant and candy clay for my grandaughters 16 th birthdaycake and all the teenagers loved it .And it was so nice to work with. I just do cakes as a hobby not to good yet !!But this was the second time with fondant on a cake and first for hers and i prefer hers .I love her dvd's waiting for the next one hopefully soon.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:25am
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattercakes

I am curious, is chocolate fondant better tasting than marshmallow fondant? I find that Rhonda's marshmallow fondant tastes 100% better than regular fondant but it is a bit sweet. Does the chocolate fondant taste as sweet or less? Is it easier to work with? (marshmallows sure make it sticky to work with). Does the chocolate fondant work great for fine detail or figures/animals? Does it take to coloring just as well or better? Thanks for letting me know. Very curious about the dvd.

Chocolate fondant reminds me of tootsie rolls. Its so yummy

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #9 of 18

i agree, i have both her dvds and love to watch them over and over.. she does encourage us to use the pettinice.. and i did. if you are using other brands. then, you aren,t making her recipe.. pettinice taste great by itself..but then with her chocolate clay in it.. it taste even better.. and the pearl clay makes gorgeous pearls.. fixing to make them this week for a golden anniversay cake.. theres a certain amt. of pettinice to pearl clay in that recipe.. so , do get the pettinice when you make her recipe.. she has played around with others. and this recipe is what she came up with .. to make her beautiful cakes.. etc. hth

Nailady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nailady Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 1:59pm
post #10 of 18

Is this recipe posted or can it only be found on her DVD? Thanks!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 2:05pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhattercakes

Most folks tire of making MMF at some point, and move on to making any number of fondant recipes that can be found in here. Don't want to endorse one over another since this is a J. Dontz plug, and I have yet to try hers!

But yes, MMF is what I call sickly sweet and frustratingly messy....sooo messy.

Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 10:22am
post #12 of 18

This recipe can only be found on her dvd. I don't think it would be right if someone posted her recipe somewhere since that would be unfair to her.

Nailady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nailady Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:07pm
post #13 of 18

RylanTy- I agree with you totally!! I have never heard of JD, I'm new to all of this and was just curious to see if the recipe was on CC or not. You are right! Thanks so much.

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:17pm
post #14 of 18

I am also a huge Jen fan! Her fondant is the best. I love the way it works and doesn't dry out, you have more time to perfect it.
I haven't tried coloring it a dark color but it takes lighter shades fine. I find it to be less sweet that mmf. I have not made figures with it, i usually use the pettinice with tylose for that.

Her pearl clay is also awesome!

Buy her DVD's and you will not be disappointed.

Rylan Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 1:24pm
post #15 of 18

Nailady, oh no problem. I totally understand.

I bet you, you will love it. I've read reviews and everyone who tried it loved it.

Take Care.

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 7:08pm
post #16 of 18

Just ordered both DVDs. Super excited!

Gooder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gooder Posted 21 Apr 2012 , 9:41pm
post #17 of 18

Just had my first taste of Satin Ice. I had no idea it's marshmallow. Weird. I always make my own with gelatin and glycerin and such. Mine tastes so much better than Satin Ice. I need to market and brand mine.

Plus, I need to try this pearl clay. Is it just a combination of modeling chocolate and fondant?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 22 Apr 2012 , 6:01am
post #18 of 18

Which DVD has the fondant/chocolate clay, pearl clay?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%