Can't Get Magnetic Wreath Hook Off Front Door, Help!

Lounge By sweetcravings Updated 2 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm by Kayakado

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 29 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone know how to get these suckers off the door? My mom has a round magnetic wreath hook on her front door and is unable to remove that thing for nothing? We've tried pulling at it, sliding it..nothing. icon_mad.gif Is there a magical way to remove them that we are missing? Each year she tries to get it off and slowly it is inching down the door, looks terrible. Anyone?

5 replies
Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 30 May 2009 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 6

Hubby (aka the Tool Man) said to try sticking a butter knife or a flat head screwdriver behind it and using it as a lever to pry it off.

Good luck, that would annoy me to death!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

Well, awhile back we tried the knife idea but couldn't even get it behind it enough to try and wedge it off. I swear its the weirdest thing. I even asked the lady at the hardware store yesterday and she said it should just pop off. i dunno what kind of magnet is in it but man that thing is strong. Thanks for the tip.
It is driving mom crazy. She wants to put it back in the proper position but there is no way it will budge.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 May 2009 , 1:39am
post #4 of 6

I had the opposite problem with the magnetic wreath holder that I bought. I placed it on my front door and then hung the wreath. 5 minutes later the thing fell off icon_rolleyes.gif Tried it again.............fell off again. I couldn't get it to hold the weight of the wreath (plain old balsam Christmas wreath).

Finally gave up and hammered a nail in the door icon_rolleyes.gif

How about spraying some WD 40 around the hanger maybe it will let ya slide it off if it's slippery.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Jun 2009 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 6

Maybe a bigger, stronger magnet would pull it off?

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 2 Jun 2009 , 3:44pm
post #6 of 6

Heat will make a magnet lose it attraction. Maybe a hairdryer? A propane torch or lighter should work, but you might burn down the house.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%