Would You Put Filling In A Stand Up Doll Cake?

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 28 May 2009 , 3:03pm by bashini

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 6

Another question: I'm using the Wilton Wonder Mold Stand Up Doll Cake pan. I would like to put chocolate pudding in the middle as filling but I'm wondering if it's going to make it unsturdy. Has anyone used filling inside and it's been okay? Thanks!
I forgot to mention; I'm using a 12" round by 2" high cake underneath which is also filled with pudding.

5 replies
Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 6

I made a dinosaur using the wondermold pan (in photos) and torted/filled it. I'm not sure I'd use a pudding filling though. It might make the layers slosh around too much. If I remember right, I think I used buttercream which worked find. In fact, I transported that cake 4 hours to my nephew's birthday party and it didn't budge a bit.

The_Sugar_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 6

Unfortunately the lady I'm making it for wants it to have pudding in it though. Do you think it will hold up okay? She's talking it home for a 45 minute drive. Thanks guys!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 6

You may have to use a really stiff BC dam to keep it from sloshing on that 45 min drive!

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 6

Interesting, thank you for the post, I was going to ask the same thing thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 6

Hi, I have used filling inside the wonder mould cake. And I used a stiff buttercream for the dam so it makes the cake more sturdy. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%