Caterpillar Cake

Decorating By bellaloco Updated 31 May 2009 , 12:54am by cakediva01

bellaloco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaloco Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:07pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to do a bug-themed cake birthday cake for a little boy's second birthday. I want to do a tiered cake with a caterpillar weaving through the cake. I searched the gallery, but can't really find inspiration. Does anyone have any pictures they could share with me?

Thanks!

5 replies
mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 6

I'm looking for the exact same thing! Hope someone can help...

mcaulir Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 6

mcaulir Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 6

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 6

could you make the caterpillar in to sections and stick on to the top and sides of the cake or take styro foam balls and cover them in fondant and use that?? Sorry just a thought

cakediva01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakediva01 Posted 31 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #6 of 6

You could use the Wilton mini ball pan to create the caterpillar and then decorate that or Williams Sonoma has a caterpillar cake pan that is extra cute. Don't know your time frame but either of these would work. Another thought..if you can assemble the cake when you get to your destination, you could use the Wilton silicone cupcake cups with feet and make cupcakes, decorate them with pulled stars and then add eyes and antennae and such. I've done that previously and it has worked well. You can find the directions in the Wilton Cupcake book.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%