How Do I Fix My Fondant??

Decorating By bakermommy4 Updated 27 May 2009 , 4:53pm by bakermommy4

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 9

I made some chocolate mmf yesterday and I need to work with it now and its quite stiff. Is there something I can add to make it more pliable? I cant even knead it because its so tought...it's very tasty though LOL.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

8 replies
bakermommy4 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 9

anyone out there icon_cry.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 9

It needs to be worked till warm and pliable.. it takes great effort and some more crisco.

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 9

did you try warming it up in the microwave for a few seconds.?

that what i do, then rub some crisco on your work surface and some on your hands and knead until its workable.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 9

I have read that you can nuke fondant for a few seconds to soften it...I tried it and ended up with melted burning hot fondant, so if this is an option I hope someone else out there can guide you as to how long!

TantalizingTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TantalizingTreats Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 9

a few seconds is just that! i only warm it up for about 5-10 seconds on medium power... if i need it softer, i will do only 5 seconds at a time.

bakermommy4 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:48pm
post #7 of 9

MUCHAS GRACIAS...THANK U VERY MUCH...MUCH THANKS...GOOD LOOKING OUT...THANK YOU....THANK YOU ....THANK YOU...

for lack of better words icon_smile.gif

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 9

I can help you with this!

When you are working with chocolate fondant or molding chocolate, it's important to remember that it's FAT that needs to be added. For fondant, if you're making a scratch batch, I add a couple of TBLS. of crisco(no off brands), in the water in the beginning, and then I make sure that I keep my hands coated when kneading it.

In your case, you can just add a little to the "dough" now and work it in like coloring. Keep kneading it till it's very smooth and pliable. Use the "pull and break" method, like pulled sugar, until it's all mixed in, and then just lay it out and knead it on a dusted surface to get it silky smooth. To keep it pliable, make sure that your hands are always lightly coated in crisco to make sure the fondant doesn't get too dry.

Another tip for you on making chocolate fondant is, if you are looking for a richer chocolate flavor, use a couple of tabls. of Hershey's special dark cocoa, or another brand of the same. Hershey's is readily available and much cheaper than the kind you have to order. Doing this will make your fondant taste like the best tootsie roll you've ever eatten!

Good luck!

Lisa

bakermommy4 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:53pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

MUCHAS GRACIAS...THANK U VERY MUCH...MUCH THANKS...GOOD LOOKING OUT...THANK YOU....THANK YOU ....THANK YOU...

for lack of better words icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%