Filling Idea

Decorating By mrsmontgomery Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:56pm by brincess_b

mrsmontgomery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmontgomery Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 4

I have a cake tasting on June 1st. This is my first wedding cake and the bride wants a vanilla cake with a drambuie filling. I have no idea how to do this type of filling. Any ideas? Also, how much cake do I do for a tasting? Do I prepare a small iced cake? I'm so lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

You can add drambuie to your regular b/c recipe, just add some in place of your liquid.

For the actual tasting, I guess it would depend on how many flavours they want to taste. You can always freeze what ever you don't use for future tastings.

hth

mrsmontgomery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmontgomery Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks cakes22. It is kind of a weird arrangement. I got a call from a friend who owns a catering company with the order so I haven't actually talked to the bride. All I know is that she wants vanilla cake w drambuie. I didn't know if I was supposed to offer other flavors as a back up or even how to present it. I've never done this before! When I got married, we didn't do a tasting so I'm not really sure how it works. A friend suggested cooking orange marmalade down with a little gelatin and then adding the drambuie. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again for the help so far.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 4

i would have a look in the business forum and the hundreds of tasting questions.
first of all *talk to the bride* you need to be on the same page, and that is easier to do without a middle man.
cake size - most people do bite size bits. frozen? baked from another batch ur doing tht week? cupcakes? if you bake a small 6 inch cake, thats a lot of money from you - are u charging them? is it going to count towards their booking?
flavours - i would add the alcohol to the bc. most people offer 2/3 flavours, like vanilla, chocolate.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%