Whats Your Opinion???

Decorating By krissycupcakes Updated 27 May 2009 , 12:02am by msulli10

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 4

whats your opinion on filling a cake and iceing a cake and then freezing it??? im makeing a cake, choco cake with a thin layer of nutella and vanilla bc can i ice in advance?? or will my fondant not stick after being frozen?????

3 replies
dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 4

I have never done that before, I usually bake and freeze my cakes so I do not get bombarded with the baking and decorating steps but I would have to advise against, although Sara Lee does it and they are ok once thawed but they aren't covering their cakes with fondant. If you do it I would make sure that the cake is thawed first. Good Luck

CIApastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIApastrychef Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 4

I agree, I'd make sure the cake was thawed before icing and covering, you don't want to run into any condensation or anything.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:02am
post #4 of 4

You can absolutely freeze a cake covered in buttercream. Freeze it for a little while before wrapping it in saran wrap and tin foil. The night before I wanted to decorate the cake, I took off the saran wrap and foil and let it thaw completely in the fridge. I had no trouble decorating it and it tasted very fresh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%