Need Help With A Breast Cancer Awareness Wedding Cake

Decorating By darrahmomof3 Updated 27 May 2009 , 12:11am by playingwithsugar

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a wedding cake that is for my aunt that has recently survived breast cancer. She wants a 3- 4 tier round cake with one of the tiers with the pink ribbons on it. She will be honoring her survivor friends at the wedding and really wanted to do this. her colors for the wedding are hot pink,lime green,and orange. I thought I might do the ribbons in the hotpink instead of the traditional light pink. I just need some ideas to do the other tiers in. Please help with any inspiration.

3 replies
chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 4

What about a cake like in your avatar, and do a 4 tier, and top and 3rd tier do circles (like your avatar), and then the 2nd & 4th do the ribbons. It'd be really pretty! Either way, cant wait to see what you do!

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 4

Don't know if you're doing fondant or buttercream, but what if you made the other tiers simple, just using some of her flowers as your inspiration. I'm assuming she is using the hot pink, orange and lime green in her arrangements. That's a lot of colors, but flowers can always incorporate all of them.

Have you seen the "unity and strength" ribbon ring? If you could somehow use it on the "survivor" tier, it would be very appropriate for a wedding cake.

[url]shop.thebreastcancersite.com/store/category.do?siteId=224&categoryId=2502&page=4[/url]

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #4 of 4

As I sit reading through the unanswered threads, I am also scouring the Internet for ideas for a BCA cake I want to do for a cake show.

I'll share what I find with you if you share what you find with me.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%