Square Topsy Turvy?

Decorating By 4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:38am by 350BakerStreet

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 13

Good evening everyone!
I am making my daughters 2 b-day cake. She wants any and everything Mickey Mouse. That being said, I was wondering if it is possible to make a topsy turvy cake with square dimensions instead of round? I have drawn a few sketches and it turns out on paper but need to if anyone has made this kind of TT before? All help will be greatly appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:05am
post #2 of 13

I have seen it before. Bellsnbows made a two tier one a while ago. Did you try a search?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:06am
post #3 of 13

Of course anything can be done topsytuvy. There is a really really neat one I love that Bronwen Weber made.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:04am
post #4 of 13

I did search, or so called myself doing a search bu nothing came up. I went to google and searched there and all that came up was the tomato cage thing, you know the one that hangs up side down. I will try and try again. Thanks.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #5 of 13

Yep, I've done some square ones and just yesterday a hexagon one. same basic idea. PM me if you have any questions.

PieceofCakeAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCakeAZ Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:49am
post #6 of 13

We have done a couple of them, but I could only locate one bad picture, but you get the idea.

Best of luck!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:24am
post #7 of 13

A square tupsy turvy woul be nice,i've never seen one. 4rays2hunny_bunnies2 please post pics when you are done.

4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 13

Gooood Morning everyone,
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their help and suggestions. Last night I had just bout given up and then me DH told me to just hire someone to make the cake for me. THat was all the inspiration I needed to get up off my butt and try to make the cake myself. I told him that I was going to do the cake no matter what. So as a practice run I started baking the cakes about 15 minutes ago and I am going to keep making the TT until I get it perfect-lol. That will teach him to tell me that the cake is outside of my skill area. And gives me a good reason to have a couple of people over for cake!!! Will post pics as soon as I get it made.
Thanks everyone and have good day.

Happy Baking,

Kimberly

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:31pm
post #10 of 13

Please post pics. I know that feeling.... when someone doubts me I tend to do my best. I'm sure it will be an extremely amazing cake. Btw, I just read my previous post and it sounded a little rude and i'm sorry it really wasn't meant to come out that way.

350BakerStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
350BakerStreet Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #11 of 13

I'd like to see pics of the hex-TT! Please, please?!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
350BakerStreet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
350BakerStreet Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:38am
post #13 of 13

That is beautiful! Thank you! I NEVER in a million years would have thought to do that, lol icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%