Need A Fondant Recipe To Cover Cakes

Baking By SweetBakesOhio Updated 26 May 2009 , 4:15am by DeeDee1520

SweetBakesOhio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBakesOhio Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:50am
post #1 of 4

I made the MMF recipe on the Wilton website. It tastes great and is great for making things. But I have never had success covering cakes with it. I tried it again today to cover a wedding cake test/sample cake and it was as usual a DISASTER when I tried to roll it out to cover a cake.

Can someone PLEASE give me a recipe that is great for covering cakes? I'm stressed out and I need help.

Thanks.

Amy

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:08am
post #2 of 4

Try Jennifer Dontz's semi homemade recipe. You have to get her DVD and check it out.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:16am
post #3 of 4

if you can,t get jennifers dvd.. it is a great one... there are recipes here on this site of homemade fondants... michelle foster has a recipe that everyone raves about.. there is one called rhondas delicious fondant.. something like that... then there are lots of marshmellow fondant recipes. so . try some of these to see if you like them...so many rave about the mmf recipes on here also.. hth... lots of people use satin ice... pettinice.. fondx and several differnt already make fondants and they love them too.

DeeDee1520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDee1520 Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #4 of 4

Go to piece-a-cake.com for a very easy MMF recipe. I am just finishing the Wilton Fondant and Gumpaste class and I have used this MMF recipe in every class requiring fondant! When rolling it out, try using equal parts of cornstarch & powdered sugar on a silicone mat. Then you can use your mat to help you place the fondant evenly over your cakes. Hope this makes some sense, since I am very new to cake art. But, I rely on the cake central site to learn from so many experienced professionals!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%