Monogram Cookies

Baking By welder Updated 29 May 2009 , 12:13pm by EvMarie

welder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
welder Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a good cookie recipe to share that would look like the sugar cookies with icing at WalMart? There are about 2" round and about 1/2 thick and are soft when you bit into them. I have been asked to make these and this is out of my comfort zone! These would be used for a wedding and the bride would like to put an initial on them. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. I have this week to do a test run. The wedding is June 6.

Thanks

7 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 8

Check out the recipe in the cookie section for "Like Lofthouse" cookies. These come pretty close to the cookies you're talking about.

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 8

I love those cookies from the Walmart bakery! Everyone I know loves them too. I will definitely check the 'like lofthouse' recipe out!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:48am
post #4 of 8

I guess I need to get over to the Walmart bakery section because I have no idea what these cookies look like. I'll have to check it out this week. Good luck with the cookies!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I guess I need to get over to the Walmart bakery section because I have no idea what these cookies look like. I'll have to check it out this week. Good luck with the cookies!

You can get Lofthouse cookies at other grocery stores, not just WalMart. They are sinfully good...be forewarned!

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:08pm
post #6 of 8

see if you can find a teacake recipe. that is what those cookies always reminded me of - and they are the best!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 8

I hear alot of people ooooh & aaaahh over Walmart, buttercream, cakes, now cookies. Too bad our store here's isn't a superstore so I can try one or the other. Are they really that good? Because as weird as it sounds I really like our Safeway cakes. Sad confession.

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 29 May 2009 , 12:13pm
post #8 of 8

I had been thinking about the monogram thing too. The cookie favor seems to be the big thing these days.... Here are the ideas I've thought of or read about here on CC...

(1) Stenciling - I guess there is an article on this site about cake stenciling. I'm sure there is one on cookies. You can buy pre-made stencils at your craft store or buy the materials to make the exact one you want. You just need to print out the font and size you prefer on the computer and then exacto knife it out of the plastic sold to make your own stencil. You can airbrush over the stencil or pipe with royal icing while over the cookie. Or...I would imagine you could use some diluted color and a food safe sponge. They sell those little ones on a stick. Although, I'm not sure if those ones are food safe AND if you'd get the finish your looking for.
(2) Transfers - I've seen on the cake forums that people do (FBCT) frozen buttercream transfers. Or, Royal Icing transfers. Some people use chocolate too. I'm no expert but I've tried the royal icing transfers. You can see the band logo's I did on my one birthday cake. It works the same way as make your own stencil. Print out the monogram you want and place it under waxed paper. Then pipe over it. Transferrring is actually tricky. And the more delicate your monogram, the more likely for breakage so make extra.
(3) Edible Image - If your fancy shmancy you can do the edible image thing. Set up is a bit costly and that's why I'm leaning toward making my own stencils. I was lucky enough to have received an airbrush for my birthday. So, I'm going to experiment with my new toy!

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%