Batter Yield For Wasc

Decorating By mellee Updated 26 May 2009 , 1:57am by mellee

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:20am
post #1 of 7

I know I read this here SOMEWHERE but now I can't find it. Can someone please tell me how much batter I'll get from a single cake mix WASC recipe? You know, 1 box mix, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, etc.

Thank you very much for any help you can give.! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:38am
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure but I believe I get two 8x2 round from 1 recipe (original one) or one 12x2 inch round.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:47am
post #3 of 7

I get 8 cups.
Other folks say 7 cups.

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 25 May 2009 , 11:49am
post #4 of 7

From the different scenarios of cake rounds yielded I would imagine it's between 10-12 cups of batter.

edited to add: Oops sorry, I think K8Memphis is right. I was basing my answer on the two box recipe. icon_rolleyes.gif

mellee Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you very much for the responses. I'll go with 7 cups, and if I get 8 it'll just be a bonus. Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 7

My *original* WASC recipe yields batter = to 1 1/2 mixes.
If you check out my recipe it give you many of the different sizes & combinations of pans one can use.

mellee Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:57am
post #7 of 7

Thanks, Kakeladi. I've done many doctored mixes, but today was my first WASC. I did use the 1/4 oil added and kept the rest the same. I used my store brand cake mix, which I've always liked and is $1.19. It yielded about 6.5 cups of batter. I put 3.25 cups in each 9 inch pan and baked at 325 for 40 minutes. It looked perfect. According to some other rules I've read here very recently, I let it cool in the pan 15 minutes. I turned it out for 10 minutes. Then I wrapped it warm and froze it. That's supposed to keep it dense and super moist when I defrost. I have to say it smelled divine and I can't wait to see how it comes out. Thank you. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%