Tinkerbell Cake Topper!

Decorating By Caksey-McIcingbum Updated 25 May 2009 , 4:59am by umgrzfn

Caksey-McIcingbum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caksey-McIcingbum Posted 24 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 4

Do I use fondant?
How do I make one??

ARG! Help!
Ive never made a cake topper character before.
What tools do i need to make one???

ARG! help!
Thanks lovely people!

3 replies
judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:46am
post #2 of 4

while moulding figures/animals, use 1/2 gumpaste & 1/2 fondant. Only fondant takes longer to dry & hence its difficult to work with, or else u can u mazipan too.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:56am
post #3 of 4

The best thing and most helpful thing to do is to get a picture of the character you are trying to model and go from there. Generally when I am doing a figurine, I use strictly gumpaste. Just because it does harden quicker and for little things on the figurine, I like it. That's just personal preferance. Anyway, after you get the pic and either the gumpaste or gumpaste/fondant mix, you just go from there. I generally will try to match the colors first. Again, that as well is just personal preferance. Make sure you have edible "glue", cornstarch or PS for your fingers so they don't stick when using really small pieces and then you just start. Hope this helps! Good luck

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:59am
post #4 of 4

BTW welcome to CC. I just realized this was your first post. If you need more help, just let me know. You can PM me as well. There are TONS of helpful people on here. I LOVE posting a thread when I need a little help!!! This is the best site you could have come to!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%