Ha! And They Said It Would Be Too Much Cake!!!

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 27 May 2009 , 12:51am by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 17

I made three Star Wars cakes for my son's birthday party yesterday, thinking I would have a bunch of leftovers. The Darth Vader had two 8-in rounds, two 6-in, and a half ball pan; the Wicket was a Wilton bear pan; the Yoda was two 6-in rounds and a half ball pan. We had 9 or 10 kids RSVP with their adults, but ended up having about 20 children show with their parents, so the cakes were decimated ... They told me it would be too much cake, but it ended up being just barely enough. Ha! icon_smile.gif Ye of little faith! icon_wink.gif

Here are the pics of the cakes, if you're curious ...
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1375355
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1375352#next
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1375350#next

-Emi.

16 replies
Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 24 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 17

those cakes are amazing!!!! i could polish off one myself!! i always have the other problem with customers - they always want more than they need - lol

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 24 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 17

Those are amazing. I especially love the Yoda and Darth Vader ones.

emiyeric Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:19pm
post #4 of 17

Thank you so much!!! I had such a blast making these ... it's very different to bakle and decorate for your own munchkins than it is for other people. I loved it!

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 17

Those cakes are freakin incredible!

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 17

That Yoda is awesome!

emiyeric Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 17

Thanks for the great compliments, guys! I just love sculpting and getting to do fun things icon_smile.gif.

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:20pm
post #8 of 17

You did a fantastic job!!!! So much work, care and talent went into those cakes. Congratulations!!!! They are amazing!!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 17

Wow--Mom of the year award!!!
Your little guy had to have been so happy.

Great job!!!

Don't worry--you've got a year to plan his next one... icon_lol.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:44pm
post #10 of 17

Yes! What an amazing job you did on all of them!
What a lucky little boy.
Watch out now - you will be getting super busy......everyone is going to be calling wanting you to make them a cake too.

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:17am
post #11 of 17

Glad you had enough cake, and wow you did a great job! I especially like the Ewok Wicket!

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:02am
post #12 of 17

Great cakes! Love Darth Vader the best. Luckily you had baked the extra cakes. Did you ask the ones who did not RSVP but turned up how come they did not have the manners to RSVP??

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:24am
post #13 of 17

Wow! they are really nice.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:28am
post #14 of 17

All I can say is WOW, I really wish I had the courage to even think of attempting to make one like this.

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:41am
post #15 of 17

What an awesome party your son must have had! I wish I had your skills! FABULOUS! FABULOUS! FABULOUS!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:55am
post #16 of 17

First of all if I only had 9-10 kids rsvp and then 20 showed up with parents no less I'd be kinda *&%$#@! Good thing you had plenty of cake. I usually decide how much party goods, loot bags, make up crafts and favors based on how many people are coming with an extra coule just in case, but your guest list doubled!!! I'd have been freaking out. Anyway, great job on the cakes.

emiyeric Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #17 of 17

Yeah, I actually left some kids without goodie bags (which was terrible, since a couple of them were kiddos who actually HAD RSVP'd and had done everything right, but my mom was giving them out and didn't know who was whom). My little boy took everybody who was missing a goodie bag yesterday morning to make up for it. And overall, he just had a fantastic time, so I was glad everyone had made it ... but I always buy extra just in case, and boy, was I glad I had this time!!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks everybody for all the wonderful comments! I love it that there are other people who get as excited about cake as me! icon_smile.gif

-Emi.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%