Pregnant Belly Help.....please

Decorating By marriedtoagreek74 Updated 28 May 2009 , 4:14am by umgrzfn

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 11

Can anyone give me somehelp for pregnant belly cakes? I'm just thinking that if I use the wilton ball pan for belly and cupcakes for breasts that it will be quite small and any of the pics I seethe cake just seems sooo much bigger. Is there some othr type of pans that can be used or is everyone just stacking a bunch up and carving....ugh?

If anyone has directions that they would share or any other help that would be great!

Thanks!

10 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 11

I know some use the 1/2 egg pan. It is more tear drop and real looking in my opinion than the ball pan.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 11

you can use ANY round mixing bowl or baking bowl that is oven proof to get the same effect in any size you want. the ball pan is really super small. that's why i havn't used it for anything. they need to make a bigger one. you could also use like 10, 9, 8, 7... pans or something and carve it out.

another idea if you want more cake is to do the belly and boob on top of a larger rectangle cake. i have seen some really nice versions of those. that way you get more cake.

i love the belly cakes, especially with the little feet in them icon_smile.gif i cant' wait to get to make one for a friend of mine.. it will be a while though icon_sad.gif

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 11

I just use a 6" round layer and carved the shape - I iced the main cake and add the pre-shaped the belly cake and finished decorating. It's not heavy so I didn't put any support under it....check my photos if you like to see the shape and size.....hope this helps.

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 11

That is exactly what I used to do mine. The half ball pan and two cupcakes. It worked for me. I put it on an 11x15 sheet cake.

Vicki

mmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmcakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:24am
post #6 of 11

This is my first time here (I hope I do it right)

I used the half ball cake pan for the belly, I was going to use one small round pan for the top. Luckily I found a cake pan shaped like boobs and that's what I used.

I made this cake for my daughter's babyshower. Ihope this helps.
LL

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:34am
post #7 of 11

Contact this person bizatchgirl she did an AMAZING tutorial!!!!! She did this for a friend of hers and was so very kind in sending it to me as well. I will forward it onto you if she ok's it!

2winboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2winboyz Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:37am
post #8 of 11

I made my first belly cake last month for my sister. I used a ball pan for the belly and two mini wondermold cakes for the breasts. I didn't want the breasts pointing straight out so i cut the 'flat' parts at an angle so they were pointing down instead. you can see a picture of it in my album. hope this helps.

umgrzfn Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:38am
post #9 of 11

BTW mmcakes...excellent belly cake. I love how the boobs turned out!! What kind of pan was it? I can't imagine a "boob shaped pan" icon_confused.gif I haven't had the chance to make one yet...I just bought the ball pan the other day. I'm looking forward to using my tutorial that bizatchgirl sent me. She does awesome as well! Anywhoo, you're cake looks very "real". GREAT job!!!

mmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmcakes Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #10 of 11

Thank you!

I googled it and found that the cake pan shaped like boobs is available at most Bachelor Party Shops.

umgrzfn Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:14am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcakes

Thank you!

I googled it and found that the cake pan shaped like boobs is available at most Bachelor Party Shops.

Awesome!! Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%