Appetizers...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 24 May 2009 , 4:19am by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

So I'm sitting here and have crossed off everything on my to do list for tomorrow's crawfish boil. And I think because I am done already and am use to working late into the night I am looking for another appetizer recipe.

Anyone care to share their favorite appetizer?

So far I have a bacon ranch dip and pinwheels, which are cream cheese, green onions, green chilies, garlic and shredded cheese spread on a tortilla, rolled up and sliced.

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:56am
post #2 of 3

I had a wedding recently where, at mom's request ('coz it wasn't on my menu), made a cream-cheese-n-chive mixture and rolled them in mini tortillas, like a baby burrito. I filled a disposable decorating bag with the mixture, cut a large opening in the end, and they were fast to fill.

These are very similar to your pinwheels, but they came to mind as a jumping off point for other ideas ....

- Baby burritos: a bit of hamburger in taco sauce with a sliver of onion, lettuce and some shredded cheese

- Diced chicken with cheese and julienned green peppers

- cream cheese 'n chive with bacon bits added or other meat flavor.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:19am
post #3 of 3

Thanks Debi! I ended up making a white bean dip. Is it bad when you go hunting in the pantry and pulling out something going what can I do with this? Of course you probably shouldn't do this when you are tired and have been on your feet in the kitchen all afternoon and evening.

I usually have a handful of apps I make all the time. Mainly because they are good and easy. But it is nice to do different things now and then. I'll have to save these for the future. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%