Dad Turning 60 - Any Ideas?

Decorating By jenangel1229 Updated 25 May 2009 , 2:23pm by kilikina_24

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 7

My dad is turning 60 next week - looking for general ideas. Really laid back - doesnot really have any hobbies.

6 replies
aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 7

My dad turned 60 last week!

I was planning on making him the enchanted tree cake because he really likes nature but I had to travel quite a distance, so it wasn't an option.

I ended up making him a cassata cake with balloons on it. Nothing too exciting. icon_sad.gif Not exactly what I planned, but it was pretty good for lugging all my stuff 500 miles away to bake a cake at someone else's house.

MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 24 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 7

I would do a cake themed in whatever era he was a teenager or young adult in. Whichever he seems to have the most fond memories of. Or maybe a progressive cake, showing the different stages in his life.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:23am
post #4 of 7

Look thru my pix....lots of idea for men....... one in particular is the '80' idea there.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMabe

I would do a cake themed in whatever era he was a teenager or young adult in. Whichever he seems to have the most fond memories of. Or maybe a progressive cake, showing the different stages in his life.

That's what I was thinking. He was born in 1949, so I would bet the music he listened to was 50's rock or 60's stuff. Milestone events include the landing on the moon. What was his first car?

BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 7

My dad just turned 60 a couple of weeks ago. I made him an LSU Tiger cake (he's a huge fan of all LSU sports). I covered the cake board in fondant and laid the tiger on the "60 yard line." He actually got misty-eyed icon_smile.gif

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:23pm
post #7 of 7

My sister and I did a cake for a relative's 60th. We had the invitation for the party to go on. The theme was "Welcome to the Groovy 60s." The pic is in my photos if that helps. I thought it was a cute idea for someone turning 60.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%