My First Kitchenaid!!!

Decorating By Hollysuann Updated 26 May 2009 , 7:38pm by Hollysuann

Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 7

I am SUPER excited!! I just ordered my first Kitchenaid mixer! It is supposed to arrive on Tuesday May 26th! Just in time to make a graduation cake to feed 300 people! icon_surprised.gif

6 replies
kwanghui Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwanghui Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 7

Congrats! If at all possible, I highly suggest purchasing the extended warranty. In the past ten years, they have had to replace imine 3 times, at NO charge to me. It is well worth the cost. Plus, no shipping charges when they mail you the new one. Don't let the fact that mine have been replaced 3 times scare you, it's a great appliance!

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 7

The KA is a great product. I've had mine 20 years, and use the daylights out of it. I've never had a lick of trouble. But, you still might give serious consideration to the extended warranty, you just never know. You'll whip through that cake (how many did you say you were going to make?) for the graduation party. Congratulations.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 7

Congratulations, but do get the extended warrenty. The old ones were made by Hobart like my 30 year old one which is still going strong. However, Hobart sold the Kitchen Aid line of home appliances during the 80's; and since the prices haven't gone up very much in that time, something has to give. The warrenty just makes sure that you are covered.

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:37am
post #5 of 7

Congrats! Those are great to have. My SIL makes french bread every single day with her KitchenAid, and she's worn out three of them since I've known her (so in about 7 years). The company has replaced them for her, though.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:29am
post #6 of 7

Congratulations!

Mines just recently broke. Just to let you know that some people get the oil leaking off the attachment area. They said that you have to run your KA twice a week to avoid it. Now they wont replace it. Well good luck with yours =]

I'm surely getting a replacement.

Hollysuann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollysuann Posted 26 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tips! I will check out the extended warranty. The cake I am making is 4 tiered square cake (wilton square pan set) as well as 2 half sheet cakes. I am sure the KA will make things go much faster!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%