Knitting Cake

Decorating By salokin Updated 23 May 2009 , 4:34am by salokin

salokin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salokin Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:22am
post #1 of 8

I'm making a birthday cake for my mom in two months. I want to make her a knitting cake, since she just got into kintting. But I have no idea on how to start this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me crazy.

7 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 22 May 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 8

I would do 2 balls of yarn with the sports ball pan and cover them in either small ropes of fondant or really well placed BC. Then make a couple of gum paste kniting needles (or use real ones she can keep as a gift). stick them into the balls of yarn. You could put these on a cheet cake that looks like something you (or she) would be kniting with the yarn. I have been meaning to do this for my MIL but I completely space it every year untill it is to late.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:27am
post #3 of 8

These are cupcakes, but may give you the directions for which you are looking.
http://veganyumyum.com/2007/06/knit-night-cupcakes/

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:46am
post #4 of 8

I would totally do like BeeBoos said. Does she have cats? If so, I would add the little kitty playing with one of the balls of yarn. I love those cakes!!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:52am
post #6 of 8

Wow. Those are incredible cakes you posted. I don't know which one I like better.

I may have to make myself one of those some day!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:22am
post #7 of 8

I just googled "knitting cakes" and quite a few cool ones came up

salokin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
salokin Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:34am
post #8 of 8

I just found out that we are going to celebrate her birthday at our family reunion. This brings up a problem. It's in Alabama and we're in kentucky. How would I transport the cake. Would it be better to bake the cakes at home, and assemble everything in the hotel down there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%