"mommy, You're An Awesome Cake Maker!"

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 23 May 2009 , 3:56pm by emiyeric

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 15

Heehee! So I know that I am not one tenth of the caker that so very many talented CCers are, and I can only hope to one day learn to buttercream in a halfway decent fashion. But when I finished my little boy's Yoda cake for his Star Wars party this weekend (I'm making a Darth Vader and an Ewok as well), he looked at it and gasped, "Mommy, you're an AWESOME cake maker!", and I'll be darned if it didn't make me giddy for the rest of the afternoon! Just thought I'd share icon_smile.gif.

14 replies
jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 15

that's so sweet! one of the best things about cake decorating is when you get a positive reaction like that - especially from someone you really care about. congrats!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 15

aren't kids great? My 4 year old daughter has all the cake lingo down pat, she talks about fondant, etc, it is so cute. Don't forget to post pics of the cake.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 15

aaaaawwwww.....And that's what it's really all about! Congratulations to you!

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 15

Awwww that is the cutest ever. Last month I made a cake for my best friend's little girl who was turning 1. Well at the party, my dd and the other kids were sitting eating the cake, and my dd goes..you know my mommy made the cake, doesn't it taste so good. It was the funniest thing, cause I kept hearing it from her. That's my liittle Marketing diva.

serendipitysweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
serendipitysweets Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 15

That's so cute! Those compliments are way better than coming from a stranger who's paying you! thumbs_up.gif

catcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catcake Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 15

Your son is right! Your cakes are awesome!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:40pm
post #8 of 15

Love it. Kids are so honest.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:57pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitysweets

That's so cute! Those compliments are way better than coming from a stranger who's paying you! thumbs_up.gif

Absolutely agree! My granddaughter placed her "order" for her birthday cake and her mom (My daughter) said, "Well, is there anything else you might want in case Banna can't make that?"

Granddaughter (7) puts hands on hips, gives her "the look" and says, "Mom! Just tell Banna what I want. She can do it!"

Luv it! icon_biggrin.gif

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 22 May 2009 , 12:09am
post #10 of 15

My 5 year old is always telling me how great my cakes are. She loves to help and knows all the lingo and tips and tricks. Loves to do tastes tests (hates the wilton fondant, but likes SI and MFF). My favorite part is that whenever she plays with her playdoh, she always makes cakes. Even in the sand, she makes cakes. And of course in the bath she measures out the ingredients for her cakes. I will say her cakes usually have about 2 cups of "banilla" and only 1 cup of flour LOL!!! Kids are the best for boosting your cake confidence!

~Christina

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 May 2009 , 2:10am
post #11 of 15

how cute! I wish my son, Fudge can say that.

emiyeric Posted 22 May 2009 , 2:45am
post #12 of 15

Yeah, I definitely prefer baking for my own munchkins than for other people, much as I like to bake and decorate for others. And while I'm sure my son would have been perfectly happy with a (*gasp!!*) $15 cake from the local grocery store with some Star Wars figurines stuck in it, I get a naughty "happy-mommy" listening to him describe his sculpted 3D cake to his brother and sister (regardless of whether or not it turned out exactly like I wanted it icon_smile.gif ). Thanks for letting me share my happy moment, you guys are so much fun!

And yes, I'll definitely post the picture of our Yoda tomorrow icon_smile.gif.

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:01am
post #13 of 15

You guys are so lucky. I'm living with a mini Kerry Vincent. Not only does she take inventory of all my flaws she makes sure she points them out to EVERYBODY! I'm willing to trade if there are any takers. icon_biggrin.gif

emiyeric Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #14 of 15

Okay, here are the pics of the Yoda cake! I also put up my other two Star Wars cakes for today's party ... I love making cakes for my babies! icon_smile.gif This has been a fun thread, thanks for posting your own little ones' responses to your creations as well!

emiyeric Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #15 of 15

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%