Edible Ink

Decorating By lilboo529 Updated 21 May 2009 , 8:35pm by milissasmom

lilboo529 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilboo529 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 8

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY EDIBLE MARKERS AND IF THEY WORK GOOD? I'M JUST STARTING OUT AND WANT TO TRY THEM OUT

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 8

Some work better then others. Try global sugar art's website. I didn't think the wilton ones worked very very good.

katta87_2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katta87_2005 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 8

I think hobby lobby sells them but i'm not sure. I've never used them but always wondered how they turn out. Good luck

BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 8

I just bought mine at Michael's last week and used them for the first time...they work great, and I will use them from now on. I just posted the cake today that I used them on (graduation cake in my photos). I wrote on fondant with no problem at all. Hope that helps!

lilboo529 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeyCakey

I just bought mine at Michael's last week and used them for the first time...they work great, and I will use them from now on. I just posted the cake today that I used them on (graduation cake in my photos). I wrote on fondant with no problem at all. Hope that helps!

WHAT WAS THE BRAND OF IT?

BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 8

I bought a pack of the Wilton Food Writers with the bold tips. It's the first time I've ever used edible ink, so I didn't have anything to compare it to...but I was pleased with them. icon_smile.gif

lilboo529 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 8

THANKS FOR THE HELP I AM GOING TO GET SOME THIS WEEKEND HOPFULLY THE MICHAELS AROUND HERE HAS THEM.... icon_smile.gif

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 8

I have a set from Kopy Kake and the Wilton set. My Wilton set actually works better than my Kopy Kake set!! Go figure icon_smile.gif I use them both for different things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%