Oh, The Irony . . . Lol!!!!

Decorating By JGMB Updated 21 May 2009 , 11:00pm by -K8memphis

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 16

My friend has an adorable, but flighty, young adult daughter. Her latest "kick" is that she's a vegan. Her mom asked me to make her birthday cake -- now, here comes the irony. The daughter loves lambs, so she wanted one of those Wilton 3-D lamb cakes.

So, yes, the vegan girl is eating lamb for her birthday! icon_lol.gif

I realized after I already emptied my bags and washed the frosting down the drain that I forgot to put a line of white swirls between the pink ears and the face. Oh, well, I made it for free -- I guess she can't demand a refund.

BTW, the vegan marble poundcake and "buttercream" frosting are yummy!! I did a blind taste test on a friend and she thought it was delicious.
LL

15 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 16

Too funny! The cake came out very cute BTW!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 16

That is funny. Ask her if she eats "animal crackers!" oH....I KILL ME!!

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 16

So cute! This story makes me laugh!

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 16

The lamb's expression says it all... Adorable Cake!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 16

LOL! Like my ex-boyfriend who converted to Islam in prison (don't ask- I was young and stupid), when he got out he was craving green beans. When the cook told him she made it with a big 'ole HAM hock he said, "Well, I just won't eat the meat!" LOL!

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #7 of 16

You guys are so funny, that why I like this site. Its helpful and makes me laugh!!!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:23pm
post #8 of 16

Tita9499 and JGMB your stories are too funny,it makes one wonder if people are ready for the FULL implication of something when they decide to take it on.

Tita9499 Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:36pm
post #9 of 16

Just the fact that this chick is getting a cake for her bday makes me think she's not really committed. Unless it's a cake that has no eggs or milk or butter, it's not vegan.

I was a strict vegan from the age of 18 to the age of 21. Hardest thing I'd ever done, nothing that came from an animal or fish (eggs, milk, cheese, butter, etc). I was a rastafarian at the time and all I ate was fruits, vegetables, grains and nuts. The sad thing is I didn't want to be a rasta deep down, I only did it because I was a Bob Marley FREAK!! The day I had a porkchop, I was in heaven! I haven't looked back since. It really does require a deeper level of committment.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:52pm
post #10 of 16

Oh, yeah, this cake is strictly vegan -- no eggs, butter or milk. It has tofu and vanilla soy milk instead.

Still, I'm not sure how serious she is about it. Like I said in my original post -- she's adorable, but flighty!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 21 May 2009 , 8:59pm
post #11 of 16

What would've been great was to make the cake a red-velvet style cake (can you make those vegan?) so it looks like it's bleeding when you hack into the poor little thing!

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #12 of 16

CakeMeister, that's hilarious. I wonder if she realized the irony...

Tita9499 Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Oh, yeah, this cake is strictly vegan -- no eggs, butter or milk. It has tofu and vanilla soy milk instead.

Still, I'm not sure how serious she is about it. Like I said in my original post -- she's adorable, but flighty!

Wow, tofu and soy milk, huh? I'm going to have to take your word that it tastes good. I'm so glad I snapped out of it.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 21 May 2009 , 9:28pm
post #14 of 16

Your little lamb turned out super cute! But that is a funny story!

cata29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cata29 Posted 21 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #15 of 16

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Funny story and cute lamb! icon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 May 2009 , 11:00pm
post #16 of 16

Oh gosh, when you get your website--use the vegan lambchop picture to be where they click for more vegan cake information!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%