Anyone Ever Made Peanut Butter Ganache???

Decorating By fabulosity Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:26pm by fabulosity

fabulosity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabulosity Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 10

I thought about using the peanut butter chips and pouring it over a chocolate cake. Anyone try this?

BTW...I have never even made ganache before, so I know nothing.

Thanks in advance!

9 replies
AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 10

MMMmmmmm.....................Sorry, I've never tried it before either so I don't have any advice, but it sure sounds YUMMY!

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 10

I've made a pourable peanut butter icing to drizzle on brownies, cakes, and cookies... never covered a whole cake in it, but it just might work. Let us know!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 21 May 2009 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 10

Are you looking for something that firms up like a ganache? If so, I would think you could do use white chocolate and mix the peanut butter in and then use less cream than normal.

fabulosity Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 10

So, the idea for this is to make it like a backwards Reese's cup. Chocolate cake with Peanut butter buttercream and then the peanut butter ganache over the top, just like the chocolate variety is poured over and let drip slightly down the sides, with Reese's cups on the top instead of strawberry's. I guess that I could just make the cake peanut butter and use the regular ganache...but my mind went straight for the peanut butter ganache...lol.

I have a few months to ponder and test this. It will be for one of my best friends birthday in the fall. She has a major weakness for the peanut butter cups.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 10

I just add some creamy peanut butter to my ganache and mix well, comes out great

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:17pm
post #7 of 10

i've done it by adding creamy and smooth peanut butter to ganache.

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #8 of 10

i have also added the creamy pb to my choc ganache,but never tried the peanut butter chips in place of the choc chips. would love to know if it works,sounds yummy!!!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 10

heat 1 stick real butter and 1/2 cup whole milk to scalding

add 1 bag reeses pb chips stir until melted. Let cool slightly and pour like chocolate ganache works fine. And if you let it get cold you can even whip it up and pipe simple decorations.

And if all else fails it tastes great over ice cream

fabulosity Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

heat 1 stick real butter and 1/2 cup whole milk to scalding

add 1 bag reeses pb chips stir until melted. Let cool slightly and pour like chocolate ganache works fine. And if you let it get cold you can even whip it up and pipe simple decorations.

And if all else fails it tastes great over ice cream

THANKS! That sounds awesome! I am drooling at the screen. I am so trying that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%