Bags And Sticks And Other Picks!

Baking By ExcitedNewbie Updated 22 May 2009 , 7:16pm by ExcitedNewbie

ExcitedNewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ExcitedNewbie Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 5

Where do you purchase clear bags to cover your cookies when making them for a cookie bouquet?

Do you use white lollipop sticks in your cookies when you make cookie bouquets? Do you place them into the cookie before or after they are cooked?

THANK YOU for any help that you can be on this!!!!!!

~ Kim

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

I buy my bags at Michaels or AC moore with the coupons they have. I checked prices online and after you add in shipping, they are not cheaper then buying them at your local store with coupons.
I sometimes put sticks on the cookies, depending on what they want. I put the sticks on after the cookies have cooled and after I decorate them. I attach with either melted candy wafers or RI.
There is a tutorial on cc about how someone attached the stick to the bag, not the cookie. They hot glued the stick to the back of the bag, put tape over that and then bagged the cookie tight in the bag. You have the stick look w/o the problems of sticks in cookies, i.e. cookie falling off stick, kids hurting themselves or others with sticks, etc. HTH

ExcitedNewbie Posted 21 May 2009 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you SO much pattycakesnj!!!

Are you from New Jersey? I used to live in Cherry Hill and my mom was raised in Haddonfield.

~ Kim

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 21 May 2009 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 5

yes but i live in northern nj, how is SC?

ExcitedNewbie Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 5

South Carolina is beautiful! The people are friendly, the weather is nice and the cost of living is great. I figure it is the next best thing to New England.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%