Is Someone Going To The Ices Convention??

Decorating By sweetparty Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 9:52pm by nannie

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 2:18pm
post #61 of 144

Becklynn...it is covered, which is a good thing because there's been some bad weather when I've been there!

Jodie

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:01pm
post #62 of 144

I heard back from the lady that I emailed about the hands on demo supply list. I sent it to the general questions person, and she forwarded it on the ones in charge of the hands on demos. I haven't heard from them yet, but am hoping I will after the weekend is over. I'll let ya'll know when I hear from them and what they said. icon_smile.gif

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #63 of 144

thank you sugar icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #64 of 144

Got an answer this afternoon. Here it is for those that were also wondering about the hands on demo supply list...

"A list of basic common supplies that might be needed for the Hands-on
Classes you have signed up for will be sent as soon as all classes are
filled or on line registration closes (which ever happens first). The list
will be sent to you personally via email."

nannie Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 8:36pm
post #65 of 144

thanks so much for sharing this.

for all you experienced ices goers, I thought of this question last night:

how much merchandise do the vendors really bring? I'm making my list but then wondered if they just bring a few things or a really big assortment. I'm thinking of not just the obviouse items like dusts, colorings and things like that, but also gum paste cutters, stencils and molds.

thanks

TexasSugar Posted 8 Jun 2009 , 9:44pm
post #66 of 144

Are you asking how much of each product or how many different items they bring?

The answer to both is ALOT!

While it is possible alot of the sought after items will get sold out, especially if someone features them in a demo I do think the venders bring hundreds of some items. Some venders will also take orders for things they are out of and mail them to you after they get back home.

As far as how many different color dusts will you see? Hundreds again. While that may be an exaggeration you will see a large number of different dusts and coloring products. One company has a two or three page list of their dust colors and you go through and check the ones you want so they can pull them out of their bins for you.

You will see more gum paste cutters and veiners and molds and products that you every thought you would see in one place. You will see different types and styles of different flowers as well. There will be different brands and types. A few booths may carry the same thing as others, so shop around a little if you have an item you would like.

I do believe there is a vendors list on the ICES website so you can see who will be there and maybe look through their websites for items you may be interesting in. You probably won't find every thing on your list of wants there, but I think you will find a ton of things.

The venders room can be a complete overload if you aren't prepared for it. Especially when they first open the doors, you will see hundreds of people searching out the products they want most!

sweetparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetparty Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 3:30am
post #67 of 144

Thanks Jodie for the offer, I would really apreciatte it, because I need to buy a lot of stuff and heavy things like pans etc..
thumbs_up.gif

JodieF Posted 9 Jun 2009 , 7:02pm
post #68 of 144

sweetparty...it wouldn't be any problem at all! When it gets closer to the Conference we'll get it all figured out and I'll give you my cell number. I'd be happy to give you a little storage space. I won't be arriving until Friday though, just so you know!

Jodie

TexasSugar Posted 10 Jun 2009 , 4:18am
post #69 of 144

The Vender's room won't be open until after the breakfast Friday. icon_smile.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:45am
post #70 of 144

I will be there as a vendor. Can't wait!!

TexasSugar Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:59am
post #71 of 144

Oh Sharon, I'll have to stop by your booth! icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:41pm
post #72 of 144

Yeah!!! We'll definately stop and say hello Sharon!! I can't wait.....still saving money in my jar for the vendors room!!

JodieF Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 12:45pm
post #73 of 144

ohmigosh....I'm gonna have to leave my credit cards at home....I'm going to want to buy EVERYTHING!

Jodie

nannie Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 1:29pm
post #74 of 144

omg I' get to meet sharon icon_surprised.gif

will you have your new dvd?

Loucinda Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 2:54pm
post #75 of 144

That is why I have been stuffing money in a jar all year!! icon_biggrin.gif (which is for buying stuff DH doesn't know about!) I have another list that is for the credit card....... icon_wink.gif

nannie Posted 11 Jun 2009 , 3:06pm
post #76 of 144

Ah Ha

Loucinda is keeping 2 sets of books icon_lol.gif

dolcebaci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolcebaci Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 6:59pm
post #77 of 144

I will be a newbie there...I an counting the days....I can hardly wait...I signed up too late for classes so can only sit in on demos icon_cry.gif

I am hoping there is a "waiting' list for some classes...oh well I guess I will have to wait until ICES 2010 for classes.

Dolce in Toronto

Loucinda Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:35pm
post #78 of 144

Nannie.....shhhhhh!!!

I get another prize THIS week - I go pick up my 20 qt. Hobart on Wednesday!!! icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 10:43pm
post #79 of 144

How you gonna explain that.

The Hobart fairy dropped it off? icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Posted 15 Jun 2009 , 11:03pm
post #80 of 144

Think he would believe I found it at a yard sale??? icon_rolleyes.gif

Nah, he knows about the Hobart...it's gonna take up a good chunk of space here, so we discussed it first. icon_biggrin.gif I think the Hobart fairy is a good one though!! icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 4:06am
post #81 of 144

We only have 42 days left, that is 6 weeks, until we get to surround ourselves with the ICES convention.

Who has started their shopping lists? Who has started their display cakes? Who is getting more excited as the days pass?

I've started a shopping list, though I gotta go through some of my stuff at some point and make a few lists so I don't come back with things I already have.

I have started buying things for my display cakes and have ideas in mind, but have yet to get started on them. I really need too though.

And the closer we get the more I am getting in the mood for it. icon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 5:16pm
post #82 of 144

I'll be there as well. one of the minority, since there aren't a lot of men at the convention.

nannie Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #83 of 144

Texas, did you change your avatar?

I have made my list and am checking it twice icon_lol.gif

looking for gp flower cutters and americore colors. petal dusts and hopefull sharon's topsy turvey dvd

still can't figure out my cake. playing with various things but the design doesn't seem to jell. icon_cry.gif

do you have to have a description in order to register or are you just registering to bring a cake of some kind.

TexasSugar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:29pm
post #84 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

Texas, did you change your avatar?

I have made my list and am checking it twice icon_lol.gif

looking for gp flower cutters and americore colors. petal dusts and hopefull sharon's topsy turvey dvd

still can't figure out my cake. playing with various things but the design doesn't seem to jell. icon_cry.gif

do you have to have a description in order to register or are you just registering to bring a cake of some kind.

Nope, same one I have had for the longest though I should since my cat is no longer a kitten any more. icon_smile.gif

I've got to go through my flower cutters that I got at the 2007 convention to make sure I don't come home with doubles. Maybe that will get me motivated to organize my stuff. icon_smile.gif I also need to refresh my americolor colors since I am out of a few of them.

You will have to contact the people in charge of the cake room for that question. I know in the past that have allowed you to mail in your display form and then give them the description form when you got there. That was before the forms were online though, so I'm not sure. They aren't due until July 10th (have a big note on my calendar to remind me) so you do have some time to think yet.

I've got one idea pretty well fleshed out if I can pull it off. The other one I have the basic idea, still working on the details of it. I'm afraid if I get them done too early I'll start working on a third. Of course I'm a last minute person so that also makes it harder to get them started now though I know I should. icon_wink.gif

nannie Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:37pm
post #85 of 144

I just realize i was thinking of texas rose

I double bought a peony cutter. drat.

don't want that to happen again

TexasSugar Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:50pm
post #86 of 144

It is sooo hard to remember when you get there what you have at home or don't have. And if it is something you don't use often, well that makes it even harder! icon_wink.gif

Loucinda Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:15am
post #87 of 144

I have my list started, I add something every other day!

I also have been thinking about the dummy - have something in mind.....got to get to work.

I can't wait!!! icon_biggrin.gif

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:40am
post #88 of 144

I can't go to the convention but reading your thread I had a thought...All the CCers going to ICES should try to get a pin or ribbon or something to wear daily so you can identify each other. Even as simple as getting, say, a light purple ribbon and wearing it on your lapel area each day or attach to your nametag if you have one. Then if you see someone else with the same thing on, you will know you are CCers and you can make sure to say hello. would be even better if you had little pins that were the CC logo...then you could find each other AND recruit new addicts!

Loucinda Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:45am
post #89 of 144

We're planning on it - just haven't decided exactly what we are going to do yet! (one of the reasons for this thread!!) icon_wink.gif

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:51am
post #90 of 144

My hubby does graphic design...if you decide to go that route with something and actually have a pin made we might be able to help you out with the digitizing and such if you need it!

I am so jealous of all of you that are going...and it's so close to home, I live in Indiana!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%